Press Release Summary:
- Calibrates pressure from vacuum to 15,000 psi /1000 bar with accuracy up to 0.035%
- Offers deadweight tester accuracy with user-friendly features to deliver laboratory accuracy to an on-site and field usable instrument
- Ideal for verification or calibration of pressure gauges, transducers, transmitters, pressure switches and safety valves
Original Press Release:
Handheld Pressure Calibrator for Oil and Gas, Process Control Verification
AMETEK STC’s intrinsically safe HPC50 provides laboratory accuracy in a versatile field instrument
AMETEK Sensors, Test and Calibration (STC) introduces the intrinsically safe HPC50 handheld pressure calibrator, with high accuracy and ease of use for process control applications in the oil and gas industries. The new pressure calibrator is part of the company’s Crystal line of pressure products.
- Oil & gas
- Power generation
- Food & beverage
- Process industries
- Industrial safety
- Quality assurance
The calibrator offers deadweight tester accuracy along with user-friendly features to deliver laboratory accuracy to an on-site, field usable instrument. The versatile HPC50 calibrates pressure from vacuum to 15,000 psi / 1000 bar with accuracy up to 0.035% of reading. It is ideal for process control applications, such as verification or calibration of pressure gauges, transducers, transmitters, pressure switches, and safety valves.
Units are available in single and dual pressure models, and users can equip each with one or two new, intrinsically safe external modules:
- APMi pressure modules provide flexibility to read up to four pressure inputs with a single device.
- ATMi temperature modules allow users to read pressure using the installed modules, while simultaneously reading both static and ambient temperatures.
Common applications include maintenance and troubleshooting of gauges, switches, transmitters, transducers, valves, gas meters, flow computers, pumps, and filters. The HPC50 can also replace a deadweight tester.
AMETEK STC is a leading manufacturer of calibration instruments for temperature, pressure, and process signals. For more information on the full line of JOFRA and Crystal Engineering calibration products, visit www.ametekcalibration.com.
AMETEK STC is a division of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of approximately US$5 billion.
Product Sales Contact: