Customers can now deploy RSS feeds, project management and survey tools in addition to more than 240 other free Force.com Labs apps
Momentum on Force.com builds as Dreamforce 2010 approaches
SAN FRANCISCO - Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced the availability of new Force.com Labs apps Chatter RSS, Milestones and SurveyForce on AppExchange 2. These solutions are three of the latest applications to come out of the Force.com Labs program, an initiative geared toward harvesting the most innovative ideas and code from salesforce.com employees. Built using Force.com, the enterprise cloud computing platform, all applications are immediately available on AppExchange 2 at http://salesforce.com/appexchange/.
Force.com Labs apps help customers extend their use of Salesforce CRM and jumpstart their custom app development projects on Force.com. Built by resident Force.com experts, labs apps are free and open-source. There are currently more than 240 Force.com Labs apps on the AppExchange which are installed more than 5,000 times every month.
All three of these new apps help drive salesforce.com success beyond CRM. The solutions are fully customizable, making it simple to build the apps out for a specific business process. With the added social, mobile and real-time features of Cloud 2, users can collaborate anywhere on the information that is generated by these solutions, from any device.
- With Chatter RSS, users can integrate any RSS/ATOM feed with their Chatter feed, making it easy to keep track of all important news sources without leaving Salesforce.
- With Milestones, users can track critical projects, deadlines and actions within Force.com. Built to make project management easy, Milestones keeps users on task with seamless integration to both Chatter and e-mail.
- With SurveyForce, users can easily create surveys with drag and drop functionality and distribute them via e-mail templates and Web sites built on Force.com. Data can be attached to a contact or case record and reported on using standard Salesforce reports and dashboards.
"As a consultant, Force.com Labs apps continue to deliver tremendous value both internally at CoreMatrix and externally for my customers. Layered with the social capabilities of Cloud 2, these apps make great additions to my toolset," said Geraldine Gray, senior business analyst, CoreMatrix Systems.
"We are thrilled to see the continued momentum of the Force.com Labs program," said Kendall Collins, chief marketing officer at salesforce.com. "Labs apps continue to help us deliver the innovation brewing inside the company to our thousands of customers."
These latest Force.com apps culminate the 30 Apps in 30 Days campaign salesforce.com has put on in November highlighting the power of and versatility found on the Force.com platform. Partners big and small from all industries have announced new applications and solutions available on the AppExchange to address key business needs in the cloud. Be sure to visit the Force.com Blog to read about all the new applications and solutions available.
Salesforce.com is the enterprise cloud computing company. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and CRM applications (http://www.salesforce.com/crm) have revolutionized the way companies collaborate and communicate with their customers, including:
- The Sales Cloud, for sales force automation and contact management
- The Service Cloud, for customer service and support solutions
- Chatter, for social collaboration
- The Force.com platform, for custom application development
- The AppExchange, the world's leading marketplace for enterprise cloud computing applications
Salesforce.com offers the fastest path to customer success with cloud computing. As of October 31, 2010, salesforce.com manages customer information for approximately 87,200 customers including Allianz Commercial, Dell, Japan Post, Kaiser Permanente, KONE, and SunTrust Banks.
Copyright © 2010 salesforce.com, inc. All rights reserved. Salesforce and the "no software" logo are registered trademarks of salesforce.com, inc., and salesforce.com owns other registered and unregistered trademarks. Other names used herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
CONTACT: Katie Duffy of Salesforce.com PR, +1-415-836-3734, email@example.com
Web Site: www.salesforce.com