Press Release Summary:
- Features pulse MIG capability that provides weld modes for carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and metalcore electrodes
- Offered with touch-start TIG for contamination-free starts without high frequency and Desert Duty® rated
- Embedded with CrossLinc® technology that allow user to control the machine from hundreds of feet away without control cable
Original Press Release:
Lincoln Electric Drives Performance with New Flextec® 500X
New multi-process welder delivers reliable and flexible welding for harshest environments
Cleveland – Lincoln Electric® delivers powerful performance with the new Flextec® 500X multi-process welder. Rugged enough for heavy-duty indoor and outdoor applications, it is easy to set up and operate, and supports multiple weld processes including GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW and CAC-A. The Flextec welders can be used with nearly all Lincoln Electric wire feeders due to available feeder communication connections.
Basic pulse MIG capability is standard on the Flextec 500X, including weld modes for carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum and metalcore electrodes – with optimized stick welding for both cellulosic and low hydrogen electrodes. It’s also enabled with Arclink® technology to provide synergic pulse modes.
Additional features include:
- Touch-start TIG for easy, contamination-free starts without high frequency
- IP 23 rating – for outdoor environments such as construction sites and shipyards
- Desert Duty® rated – operation in the harshest environments (up to 55°C)
- Durable trayed and potted PC boards for electronics protection
The Flextec 500X boasts CrossLinc® Technology, providing users with the flexibility to control the machine from hundreds of feet away without a control cable. Eliminating extra cables for simple setup means remote procedure setting at the feeder to improve weld quality, increased arc time with fewer trips to the power source to adjust settings, and improved safety with reduced jobsite clutter.
For more information on Lincoln Electric’s new Flextec 500X, visit www.lincolnelectric.com.
Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of arc welding products, robotic arc welding systems, plasma and oxy-fuel cutting equipment and has a leading global position in the brazing and soldering alloys market. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Lincoln has 60 manufacturing locations, including operations and joint ventures in 19 countries and a worldwide network of distributors and sales offices covering more than 160 countries. For more information about Lincoln Electric and its products and services, visit the Company's website at www.lincolnelectric.com.