Desiccants and Molecular Sieves (Adsorbents)
New Fine Silica Gels Helps to Reduce Environmental Risk
Press Release Summary:
- Provides viscosity control and improves mechanical properties
- Spherical shape enables higher loading capacity with lower column back pressure for chromatography
- Applications including personal care, industry and pharmaceutical production
Original Press Release:
New RESIFA™ Brand Eco-Friendly Fine Silica Gels for Cosmetic, Personal Care, and Pharmaceutical Formulations
Exton, Pa., February 8, 2023 - AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc. (AGCCA) announces that its parent company AGC's wholly owned subsidiary, AGC Si-Tech Co., Ltd. has launched an integrated brand RESIFA™ for all fine silica gel offerings. AGCCA distributes all RESIFA fine silica gels to the North American market.
Silica is attracting attention as a material that helps reduce environmental risk since it naturally exists in nature and is the most abundant material on Earth. The RESIFA™ brand name is used to highlight the eco-friendly qualities of these fine silica gels and further the development of this business.
AGCCA offers an extensive lineup of silica products suitable for various applications including personal care, industry and pharmaceutical production:
- RESIFA SOLESPHERE™ gives a silky, smooth feeling to personal care products, as well as an SPF boost. It also provides viscosity control and improves mechanical properties when added to 3D printing resins.
- RESIFA SUNSPERA™ is typically used for catalyst supports in the production of polyethylene and polypropylene or in organic synthesis because of its high surface areas and porosity.
- RESIFA M.S.GEL™ perfectly spherical shape enables higher loading capacity with lower column back pressure for chromatography while providing good separation.
AGC is a world-leading manufacturer of glass, chemicals and high-tech materials. AGC Si-Tech Co., Ltd. manufactures and sells fine silica products.
AGC Chemicals Americas, Inc. is a global subsidiary of AGC Inc., a multinational corporation and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of glass, electronic displays, and chemical products. Headquartered in Exton, Pa. including a state-of-the-art technology center, AGCCA maintains manufacturing operations in nearby Thorndale, PA, and warehouses and distributors located throughout North America. We are a leading global supplier of high performance material science solutions including fluoropolymer resins, custom compounds, fluoroelastomers, solvents, coatings, films, polyols for polyurethanes, fluoro-intermediates and fine silica products. Our versatile materials are highly suitable for critical applications in a wide variety of market sectors such as aerospace, energy, electronics and mobility, construction and infrastructure, ground transportation, industrial and life sciences. www.agcchem.com
Contact This Company Download Spec Sheet