Press Release Summary:
- Comes with integrated servo drive and communicates with CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC wires
- Features single-turn 14bit (16384 cpr) gear output sensing encoder has been integrated along with a single-turn 15bit (32768 cpr) motor
- Eliminates the need for an external drive and improves wiring while retaining high-positional accuracy and torsional stiffness in compact housing
Original Press Release:
Harmonic Drive LLC Announces New Mini Actuator with Integrated Servo Drive
Peabody, MA, August 23, 2019--- Harmonic Drive LLC, the leader in high precision motion control announces new FHA mini actuators with an integrated servo drive. This evolutionary product eliminates the need for an external drive and greatly improves wiring while retaining high-positional accuracy and torsional stiffness in a compact housing.
The FHA-C Mini Series is a family of extremely compact actuators that deliver high torque with exceptional accuracy and repeatability. As part of the FHA-C Mini family, an integrated servo drive version utilizing CANopen® communication is now available. Since it communicates via CANopen, only 4 wires are needed: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC. A single-turn 14bit (16384 cpr) gear output sensing encoder has been integrated along with a single-turn 15bit (32768 cpr) motor input sensing encoder providing a true absolute encoder that does not require a battery within 360° of rotation of the output.
Our engineering team incorporated more features and capabilities without greatly impacting the size and mass of the actuator.
- Actuator + Integrated Servo Drive utilizing CANopen communication
- 24VDC Nominal +7-28VDC Supply Voltage Range
- Single Cable with only 4 wires needed: CANH, CANL, +24VDC, 0VDC
- Zero Backlash
- Dual Absolute Encoders
- Panel Mount Connectors with 4 exit options
- Output Sensing Encoder 14bit (16384 cpr) resolution
- Input Sensing Encoder 15bit (32768 cpr) resolution
- Control Modes Including Torque, Velocity, and Position Control, CSP, CSV, CST
- Harmonic Drive HDL Software
About Harmonic Drive LLC
Harmonic Drive, LLC engineers and manufactures precision servo actuators, gearheads and gear component sets. We work closely with both Fortune 500 and companies of all sizes to understand their application requirements and provide a standard or, in most cases, a custom-engineered solution to enable the success of their design project. The majority of the products sold by Harmonic Drive, LLC are proudly made at our manufacturing facility in Peabody, Massachusetts. The Harmonic Drive Group Companies are comprised of Harmonic Drive, LLC (United States), Harmonic Drive Systems, Inc. (Japan) and Harmonic Drive AG (Germany). We have shared core values, product designs and quality standards. State of the art manufacturing facilities in the US, Japan and Germany enables us to locally serve the needs of our global customers providing both custom-engineered solutions and standard products.
With over 50 years of experience, our expert engineering and production teams develop enabling technologies and products to meet the needs of an evolving motion control market. We are very proud of our outstanding company history. Our high-precision, zerobacklash Harmonic Drive® gears and Harmonic Planetary® gears have, and continue to play critical roles in robotics, spaceflight applications, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, factory automation equipment, medical diagnostics and surgical robotics. More information can be found by visiting the company’s website at www.harmonicdrive.net
Harmonic Drive LLC Contact:
Colleen Anderson, Marketing Manager