Press Release Summary:
The FASTCAM NOVA Camera System is offered in three different models and offer 12-bit image recording rates up to 12,800 fps. The unit offers less than 300 ns shutter speed, 1024 x 1024 resolutions and ISO 40,000 monochrome / ISO 16,00 color. The cameras allow user to control and download images directly to PC via Gigabit Ethernet.
Original Press Release:
Versatile High Performance Camera System
Photron’s New FASTCAM NOVA brings together unique CMOS image sensor technologies and extensive high-speed digital imaging expertise to provide a camera that is ideal for a variety of appliactions. The system, which is available in three different models, offers 12-bit image recording rates up to 12,800 frames per second (fps) at megapixel image resolution and shutter speeds less than 300ns. Significantly faster frame rates are available at reduced image resolutions. All of this is available from a camera that provides the best light sensitivity in its class.
• 1024 x 1024 resolution at 12,800fps (Model S12)
• Reduced resolution to 1,000,000fps
• ISO 40,000 monochrome / ISO 16,00 color (ISO 12232 Ssat)
• Less than 300ns shutter independent of frame rate and resolution
• Removable high-capacity SSD for high-speed image download
• Gigabit Ethernet for camera control and image download directly to a PC
• Sealed electronics that are impenetrable to dust or other contaminants