Press Release Summary:
- Available in 1 and 5 minute general purpose gel epoxy, 2 ton epoxy, marine h2 hold epoxy, 500° high heat epoxy, cellulose wood epoxy, Black Plastic Welder™, and Steel Weld™ epoxy variants
- Gel epoxies feature no drip gel formula for easy, mess-free application and blue dye indicator that visibly indicates when the epoxy is properly mixed and ready for use
- Permatex 500° high heat can withstand twice the temperature range of standard epoxies and is offered in syringe
Original Press Release:
New Permatex Epoxies Feature Innovations That Help Improve Automotive, Marine, and Home Repairs
- Innovations include no drip gel, ready-to-use indicators, high heat, color choices, and substrate specific formulations
Solon, OH… Permatex®, a leading innovator in chemical technology for automotive maintenance and repair, has launched a new series of advanced epoxy adhesives. Designed as a two-part adhesive and filler system to help customers make better and easier repairs in a wide range of automotive, marine, and general purpose home applications. Permatex’s core epoxy line carries a solution for all jobs: 1 Minute and 5 Minute General Purpose Gel Epoxy, 2 Ton Epoxy, Marine H2 Hold Epoxy, 500° High Heat Epoxy, Cellulose Wood Epoxy, Black Plastic Welder™, and Steel Weld™ Epoxy.
In developing this core epoxy line, Permatex employed several key innovations that differentiate the adhesives from other competitors in the market:
- Permatex 1 Minute and 5 Minute Gel Epoxies feature a no drip gel formula for easy, mess-free application and blue dye indicator that visibly indicates when the epoxy is properly mixed and ready for use.
- Permatex 500° High Heat withstands twice the temperature range of standard epoxies and is the first and only high temperature liquid epoxy in a syringe.
- Permatex Cellulose Wood Epoxy is the only wood epoxy that incorporates cellulose to deliver the strength, color, and behavior of natural wood.
- Wide choices are available for differentiated uses and substrate specific applications.
Eric Seibold, Sr. Product and Innovations Manager at Permatex, noted, “Our epoxy formulations represent a focused approach to making our epoxy work better and ensuring they are easier to use. We conducted research with customers and recognized the need for new solutions to address common issues faced by users. For example, we added the blue dye indicator in our gel formulas to eliminate the guesswork in mixing so the user would know exactly when the epoxy was ready to use.”
In addition to a ‘No Drip Formula’ and blue dye indicator, Permatex 1-Minute and 5-Minute Gel Epoxies are designed to work on a wide range of metal, hard plastics, ceramics, and rubber. They require no clamping and deliver a holding strength of 2500 PSI and 3400 PSI, respectively.
Permatex 2 Ton Epoxy high strength epoxy permanently bonds ceramics, fiberglass, metal, and concrete to a tensile strength of up to 4000 PSI and is resistant to salt solution, unleaded gasoline, mineral spirts, oil, and anti-freeze.
Permatex Marine H2 Hold Epoxy sticks and cures under water and is well suited for fixing portable water tanks, fuel tanks, drains, boats, and other components exposed to water. It has an industrial strength of up to 4000 PSI and is effective in both salt and fresh water.
Permatex 500° High Heat Epoxy is very effective for under-the-hood automotive applications and seals against common liquids, gasses, and common automotive fluids. With a 2500 PSI strength, it bonds together a wide range of hard plastic, ceramics, glass rubber and more.
Permatex Wood Epoxy incorporates cellulose, the primary substance on the cell walls of green plants, to work like natural wood and outperform standard wood glues. It requires less clamping than standard wood epoxies, and can be sanded, stained, or painted.
Permatex Black Plastic Welder works on hard and semi-flexible plastics, aluminum, fiberglass, and a variety of other surfaces. Its weatherproof and UV-stable formulation and color makes it ideal for automotive trim and bumper applications. When cured Black Plastic Welder creates a 3500 PSI bond that can be drilled, threaded, machined, or painted.
Permatex Steel Weld Epoxy is a multi-metal epoxy that eliminates the need for welding or brazing. Its steel reinforced formula is excellent for bonding metal to metal surfaces. Steel Weld sets in just five minutes and cures in 10 minutes to a sheer strength of up to 4500 PSI and is resistant to water and solvents.
Permatex is a leading manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of premium chemical products to the automotive maintenance and repair markets. Since 1909, Permatex has been an acknowledged leader in the development of innovative new products and services for the automotive aftermarket. Permatex markets a wide range of products under well-known ITW brand names such as Permatex®, Fast Orange®, Spray Nine®, The Right Stuff®, Threadlocker Gel Twist®, Scrubs®, and Grez-Off®.
Permatex currently operates in the United States, Canada, Mexico, and the U.K. and exports products to more than 85 countries around the world. North American operations include a headquarters and state-of-the-art manufacturing, distribution, and technical center in Solon, OH.
Permatex is a division of ITW (Illinois Tool Works Inc.), a US based, NYSE listed corporation, founded in 1912. ITW is a Fortune 500 diversified manufacturing company.
For more information, visit: www.permatex.com.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 905-693-8900 ext. 3221
Press contact: Jake Spencer
Barolin + Spencer