Press Release Summary:
- Offers high-precision results at resolutions of up to 16,384 pulses per rotation
- Operated in -40°C to +85°C temperature range and is resistant against shock and vibration
- Suitable for industrial applications such as precise positioning in automotive industry and in wind power plants
Original Press Release:
Pepperl+Fuchs Introduces the ENI58PL Configurable Incremental Rotary Encoder— One Encoder, Many Applications
IO-Link makes configuration of the new ENI58PL rotary encoder easy and flexible.
April 2019(Twinsburg, Ohio) - The newly released ENI58PL series incremental rotary encoder from Pepperl+Fuchs offers incredible efficiency for a wide range of applications. IO-Link enables custom configuration, making it possible to commission machinery and equipment even faster. ENI58PL boasts flexible configuration options and a wide range of use cases-from classic industrial applications, such as precise positioning in the automotive industry and applications in wind power plants, to special engineering.
Standardized Interface for Custom Configuration
IO-Link makes configuration of the new ENI58PL rotary encoder easy and flexible. Users can adjust the device according to their application and reconfigure it if there are changes to production and process flows. This flexibility enables standardized machine design and reduces storage and spare part requirements to a minimum.
This standardization saves time and reduces stocking costs. A variety of shaft, flange, and output options make the ENI58PL a comprehensive solution. The incremental rotary encoder can be configured via Pepperl+Fuchs SmartBridge® and app, IO-Link master, or offline via PACTware. The standardized interface requires no manufacturer-specific software. Existing hardware and software can be used to define the following parameters:
- Voltage output level for short and long cable lengths with high or low frequencies each (HTL or TTL)
- Counting direction that can be adapted to the application
- Pulse count per rotation that can reach from 1 to 16,384 pulses per rotation according to the desired resolution
Precision in Demanding Conditions
The new ENI58PL series incremental rotary encoder reliably delivers high-precision results with a resolution of up to 16,384 pulses per rotation. Its noncontact, wear-free magnetic technology yields a long operating life with virtually maintenance-free operation. Additionally, the ENI58PL features an extended temperature range of -40 °C to +85 °C, IP65/67 protection, and resistance against shock and vibration.
Highlights of the Incremental Rotary Encoder ENI58PL include:
- Standardized IO-Link interface for easy, flexible configuration
- Reduced varieties—one device can be used for several applications
- Configuration can be done via Pepperl+Fuchs SmartBridge and app, IO-Link master or PACTware
- Reliable signal transmission even in demanding conditions
Pepperl+Fuchs is a world leader in the design, manufacture, and application of high quality factory and process automation products and services. Pepperl+Fuchs pioneered the development of proximity sensors 50 years ago, and has set the standard for innovation and quality ever since. A perennial Reader's Choice Award winner in both Control and Control Design magazines, Pepperl+Fuchs has also been named by Control magazine and the ARC Advisory Group as one of the Top 50 Global Automation Companies. Pepperl+Fuchs' global headquarters are in Mannheim with a North American base in Twinsburg, Ohio.
Pepperl+Fuchs, 1600 Enterprise Parkway, Twinsburg, OH 44087; (330) 486-0002; fax: (330) 425-4607; email@example.com; www.pepperl-fuchs.com.
For more information:
Media Relations Lead