Press Release Summary:
- Designed for single to low-ply automatic cutting of flexible fabrics
- Ability to continuously convey rolled material goods with consistent speed and control
- Requires minimal operator guidance to automatically feed and spread material to the identified start position
Original Press Release:
Eastman Answers Full Automation for Small Spaces
Eastman releases compact, industrial conveyor cutting system in advance of fall tradeshows
Buffalo, N.Y. - Eastman Machine Company, manufacturer of handheld cutting machines, automated cutting systems, spreading and material handling systems announces the fall 2019 release of the Eagle-C125 conveyor cutting system in three new configurations. The latest release features several options aimed to minimize overall factory space required but maintain complete cutting automation for industrial cutting applications. The Eagle-C125 will be demonstrated at trade events focused on technical textiles and composites during October and November 2019.
The Eagle C125 conveyor is a computer controlled (CNC) ply-cutting system engineered for single- to low-ply automatic cutting of flexible fabrics; composite reinforcements like fiberglass, carbon and aramid; industrial fabrics and insulations as well as traditional textiles. It has the ability to continuously convey rolled material goods with consistent speed and control. This computer-controlled cutting system requires minimal operator guidance to automatically feed and spread material to the identified start position. The conveyor system is available in nearly a dozen different widths from 60 inches to over 14 ft. wide and several lengths.
The fall 2019 highlight is the release of a new, eight foot length, single-frame design in 60”, 72” and 78” widths. Following 25 years of successful and continued production of longer conveyor systems, the 8ft. configuration is anticipated to answer the need of small and large companies who are eager to minimize production space. The C125 conveyor system is an ideal choice for companies who need to cut long parts, require continuous conveying or simply want to minimize the material handling commonly associated with a static table cutting system. It is the system of choice of thousands of manufacturers around the world for its industrial build, durability of critical components and proven rack & pinion drive system. The Eagle-C125 system features cutting speeds up to 60 inches per second (152cm/second).
The demonstration at IFAI will also highlight several options available to further streamline floor space necessary as well as features that can be built into other, larger size configurations:
All computer hardware and electronic control mechanisms are contained within the base of the machine, an upgrade from the standard free-standing kiosk (not available for 60” system).
- Positive air pressure may be added for further protection in high particulate environments and meets IP55 compliance demands
- Computer monitor and workspace are machine-mounted at an ergonomic height and pivot for operator preference
- Internally mounted variable frequency drive for vacuum control and step-up or -down transformer ensure simple access for operators but also eliminates the need for external mounting or additional enclosures (both optional)
- Belt scraping device stops material scrap and debris from going under the machine but also deflects hands from gaining access to pinch points
- Fork pockets welded to the frame for ease of unloading or movement
The Eagle-C125 conveyor system is proudly engineered and manufactured at Eastman’s Buffalo, New York headquarters along with hundreds of other solutions for the cutting room.
Demonstrations will be hosted during the IFAI Expo in Orlando, Florida from October 1-3 in booth 2136; in the iSpecc Ltd. booth at the Advanced Engineering UK Show (Birmingham, England); and at METStrade in Amsterdam, NL.
Eastman Machine Company, 779 Washington Street Buffalo, New York 14203