Press Release Summary:
- Feature increased sensing distances that enable common design for position detection in mixed production lines containing both iron and aluminum components
- Supports IO-Link that enables gathering of data on the detection level and temperature changes of proximity sensors from a single location in real time
- Can withstand harsh conditions with fluororesin coating that provides increased spatter resistance
Original Press Release:
New E2EW Series Proximity Sensors from Omron Feature IO-Link and World’s Longest Sensing Range
Industrial automation solutions provider Omron Automation Americas recently announced the release of its E2EW Series metal face proximity sensors that are designed to minimize downtime thanks to their durable construction and exceptionally long sensing range.
Hoffman Estates, IL., March 24, 2020 – Manufacturers in the automotive industry are striving to make the most of the current trend towards electric vehicles and low fuel consumption by building lighter-weight vehicles and favoring aluminum over iron. As the prevalence of mixed production lines containing both iron and aluminum increases, the demand for same-sensing-distance proximity sensors with suitably long sensing ranges is also on the rise.
The new E2EW Series from end-to-end automation solutions provider Omron Automation Americas is designed to address this need. These highly durable, metal face proximity sensors boast the longest sensing range in their category to date, and they have been optimized to withstand the harsh conditions of typical automotive welding processes with a fluororesin coating that provides increased spatter resistance.
The sensing range of the E2EW Series is approximately twice as long as previous models for ferrous metals and six times as long as previous models for aluminum, making them the ideal solution for mixed-metal production lines. As the sensing ranges for both metals are now equivalent, the sensors support a common design for position detection in such lines. They also reduce unexpected facility stoppages by minimizing false detection for unsteady objects.
- World’s longest sensing distances for both iron and aluminum. The equivalent sensing distances enable common design for position detection in mixed production lines containing both iron and aluminum components.
- Increased spatter resistance. The E2EW sensors last 60 times as long as previous models in typical automotive welding applications.
- IIoT-enabled with IO-Link. Support for IO-Link makes it possible to gather data on the detection level and temperature changes of proximity sensors from a single location in real time.
Industry professionals who would like to find out more about the E2EW Series can visit the Omron website here.
About Omron Automation
Omron Automation is an industrial automation partner that creates, sells and services fully integrated automation solutions that include sensing, control, safety, vision, motion, robotics and more. Established in 1933 and currently headed by President Yoshihito Yamada, Omron’s 36,000 employees help businesses solve problems with creativity in more than 110 countries. Learn more at automation.omron.com.