Press Release Summary:
- Available in three voltage/amper ranges from 15 amp/120V to 30 amp/240V
- Constructed with aluminum, stainless steel and plastic for coastal salt environments
- Ideal for zero lot line situations or when local property codes don’t permit permanently-installed generators
Original Press Release:
Marketair Introduces Disconnect Standby Switch for Air Conditioning/Heat Pump Condensers
The DSS is the HVAC industry’s first electrical disconnect box with a ready-access standby portable generator port/switch for powering condensers immediately during power outages.
Marketair Inc., an Edison, N.J.-based supplier of specialized and innovative installation components for the North American HVAC market, introduces the Disconnect Standby Switch (DSS), the industry’s only electrical disconnect box with a ready-access standby portable generator port/switch for powering residential or light commercial air conditioner/heat pump condensers during power outages.
As North American power unreliability increases due to an aging electric grid and intensified weather-related events, the DSS–combined with a portable generator– ensures quick, reliable indoor air comfort within minutes for homeowners and tenants during power outages.
The DSS differs from common condenser electrical disconnect boxes, because it features a three-position toggle that switches from–“PWR” (house power), “OFF” (disconnect mode), and “GEN” (generator position). It’s wired the same as a conventional disconnect box, but uses a plug-and-play whip. If a power outage or brownout occurs, condenser power can resume within seconds by connecting a working generator’s extension cord to the DSS’s grounded three-wire male 120V receptacle (four-wire on 240V models) and activating the standby switch. No rewiring is required.
Assembled in the USA with UL-listed components, the DSS was developed specifically for air conditioners/heat pumps. It’s constructed of a 6 x 6 x 6-inch (152 x 152 x 152-mm) aluminum, corrosion-resistant, NEMA-rated weatherproof box (when in use). The transparent plastic, code-compliant locking cover allows sightlines to the interior power status LED red (generator) and green (house power) lights. It’s available in three voltage/amperages: 1) DSS15–15 amp/120V; 2) DSS25–25 amp/240V; and DSS30–30 amp/240V.
Other DSS features include:
- Available with an optional 75KA surge protector;
- All aluminum, stainless steel and plastic construction for coastal salt environments;
- Packaged in a white, bar-coded 8 x 8 x 8-inch (203 x 203 x 203-mm) cardboard box with illustrations (5-lbs gross—(2.2-k));
- Becomes a life/safety guarantee for heat pump systems during winter outages;
- Designed for both ductless and smaller unitary systems;
- One-year limited warranty/lifetime limited warranty on surge protector;
- When combined with a portable generator, the DSS offers indoor air comfort while saving tens of thousands of dollars on a whole house generator purchase;
- Double pole/double throw switch prevents back-feed during power outages;
- Ideal for zero lot line situations or when local property codes don’t permit permanently-installed generators.
The DSS is available at many participating North American HVAC/R wholesale distributors or direct from Marketair. For more information on other innovative Marketair HVAC/R products, please visit www.marketair.com, call (732) 985-8226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Marketair: Originally founded by President Gerry Spanger as a manufacturer's representative company in 1986, Marketair has now reinvented itself as an importer, exporter, manufacturer and distributor specializing in components and accessories for the HVAC industry. Headquartered in Edison, N.J., Marketair has acquired several innovative new products for commercial and residential HVAC applications, covering both the ducted and minisplit (ductless) sectors. Marketair also operates as a national distributor for smaller independent U.S. manufacturers. The company has established a national network of manufacturer's representatives through which these products are sold in the HVAC/R industry wholesale distributors. It has also established a centrally-located warehouse for shipping products throughout the U.S.
John Parris Frantz
JPF Communications Inc.