Press Release Summary:
- Features tool-removable locking tip cover and rated to 1,000 V CAT III/600 V CAT IV
- Offers enhanced user safety in high-energy applications
- Comes with fully insulated top and bottom jaws, to prevent short circuits
Original Press Release:
New 6pc Fused Probe DMM Electrical Kit
Cal Test Electronics is introducing a new DMM kit with enhanced safety as its focus. The CT4422, Fused Probe DMM Electrical Kit includes:
- CT4300— Cal Test’s new Fused Probes (black & red pair)
- CT4439— Fully Insulated CAT IV Alligator Clips (black & red pair)
- CT3754— Silicone Jacketed, Straight to Right-Angle, 4mm Sheathed Banana Plug Test Leads (black & red pair)
The fused probe is rated 1,000 V CAT III/600 V CAT IV and features a unique locking tip cover. With this cover in place only 4 mm of the tip is exposed thereby reducing short circuits and arc-flash risks while working in high category environments. Removing the tip cover limits the probe to 1,000 V CAT II. The locking tip covers require a tool, such as a small screwdriver, to remove.
The internal 500 mA fuse is easily replaced by twisting the probe body.
In lower energy CAT II environments, removing the tip cover allows access to its standard Ø2 mm diameter by 19 mm length tip and attachment of Cal Test’s CT4439 Medium Alligator Clip Adapters for a wider array of applications.
The CT4439 comes fully insulated, including both top and bottom jaws, to prevent short circuits. With jaws opening to 9 mm this alligator clip can easily fit conductors up to 7 mm and the three-incisor mouth ensures a stable grip on screw heads. The alligator clip is also rated 1,000 V CAT III/600 V CAT IV.
Although most modern meters provide some type of overvoltage protection, using a fused probe is a prudent investment in overall user safety.
- Enhanced user safety in high-energy applications.
- Rated to 1,000 V CAT III/600 V CAT IV per IEC/EN 61010-031
- Fast acting, type FF, 500 mA ceramic fuse for transient over-voltages or arc-flash protection
- Tool-removable locking tip cover
- Easy fuse replacement
- Alligator clip jaws open to 9 mm
- CE listed – LVD and RoHS 2 compliant
CT4442 MSRP $70.00: Fused Probe DMM Electrical Kit
Click here to download Product Images
Product User Guide
Click here to download Product User Guide
Get the Embed Code to add this video to your website.
New Products Review
Listed below are the latest product releases. Click on the link below to view the product pages and review detailed product information as well as technical resources.
- CT4442 to CT4446, Instrument Grade RF Coaxial Cable Assemblies
- CT4403, Test Lead Wire Color Pack
- CT4448-#, Insulated BNC to 4mm Banana Jack Attenuator, 10x/20x/100x
- CT4410, Large Insulated Alligator Clip with 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, B/R Pair
- CT4416, Medium Insulated Alligator Clip with 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, B/R Pair
- CT4434, Medium Insulated Alligator Clip with DIY Solder Connection, B/R Pair
- CT4439, Medium Alligator Clip Adapter with 2mm Pin Jack, B/R Pair
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Director of Product Development
About Cal Test Electronics
Since 1995, Cal Test Electronics has been serving the electronic and electrical markets with an extensive line of quality test accessories and a commitment to total customer service. We evolved for the specific purpose of providing customers with products they need to get their tasks completed. Our mission is to provide you with both a quality product and 30 years of expert knowledge so that you can remain focused on your goal. Our job is to make your testing life easier. If you are in the electronic, electrical, maintenance or process control industries, we offer the most comprehensive lines of test accessories. With over 3,000 items in 7 product categories, there is almost no test accessory challenge Cal Test cannot meet.