Press Release Summary:
- Available in broader-range proximity sensors, short and long range diffuse reflective sensors, distance-settable optical triangulation sensor and ultra-long infrared through-beam sensor models
- Long range diffuse reflective sensors utilize infrared instead of visible light, to minimize false actuations caused by oil mist in the sensing field
- Ultra-long range Infrared through-beam sensor is Ideal for lubrication intensive environments, enabling reliable, repeatable operation
Original Press Release:
Wintriss Controls Group Introduces Line of Die Protection Sensors for Stamping, Metal Forming Applications
ACTON, MA U.S.A. (September 23, 2020) – Wintriss Controls Group, a leading manufacturer of automation, safety and die protection products for over 60 years for the metal stamping and forming industry, has introduced a line of new generation sensors for protecting stamping and forming press dies. The new line includes broader-range proximity sensors, short and long range diffuse reflective sensors, a distance-settable optical triangulation sensor and an ultra-long infrared through-beam sensor.
- New proximity sensors have four times the range of similarly-sized inductive proximity sensors, in addition to proximity sensors that detect only non-ferrous metals, which is ideal for detecting aluminum or copper parts from the tooling.
- New long range diffuse reflective sensors utilize infrared instead of visible light, to minimize false actuations caused by oil mist in the sensing field.
- New Special Distance-Settable Optical Triangulation Sensor is ideal in challenging applications where a part must be detected against objects such as a chute.
- New ultra-long range Infrared through-beam sensor developed by Wintriss excels in lubrication intensive environments, enabling reliable, repeatable operation.
The new sensors complement Wintriss’ full line of general purpose electronic and electromechanical sensors, are IP-67 rated to withstand harsh in-die environments, and are all competitively priced to industry known sources.
The new sensors are also available for purchase in the all-new Wintriss Online Store at wintriss.com/store where die protection controls, connection hardware and sensors are offered, in addition to valuable resource material, success stories and other useful information.
Wintriss is now also offering a Virtual Webinar Version of its popular Die Protection Clinic. For over 25 years, the Wintriss Die Protection Clinic has been the metal forming industry’s premier source for die protection and in-die sensing information and training. To Learn More and to Schedule a Virtual Die Protection Clinic, please visit https://wintriss.com/wcg/general/diproclinic.html or call (978) 268-2707.
About Wintriss Controls Group
Wintriss Controls Group, of Acton, Mass., is a leading manufacturer of automation and safety products for the metal stamping and forming industry including its SmartPAC PRO press automation controller. The company’s product range includes automation and clutch/ brake controllers, custom consoles, safety light curtains, die protection systems, load analyzers, in-die quality control systems, and ShopFloorConnect® production reporting and OEE tracking software.
Wintriss Controls Group is located at 100 Discovery Way, Unit 110, Acton MA 01720, phone (800) 586-8324, Fax: (978) 263-2048. For more information, visit Wintriss at www.wintriss.com.
McCue & Associates LLC
Wintriss Controls Group