Press Release Summary:
- Available in 15 to 27.5 ton capacities that exceed Department of Energy (DOE) 2018 guidelines and has multiple outdoor air options
- Offers optional four-stage IntelliSpeed™ discrete fan control which allows units to deliver 15% higher IEER ratings
- Features wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity
Original Press Release:
New 15-27.5 Ton Coleman® Point Choice Rooftop Units Exceed 2023 DOE Efficiency Standards
Choice rooftop units reduce commercial building operating costs
MILWAUKEE – (October 15, 2019) – The Coleman® HVAC brand of Johnson Controls brings value and rugged reliability to the rooftop unit market with the launch of Coleman® Point™ Choice. The 15-27.5 ton units exceed Department of Energy (DOE) 2018 guidelines by up to 25% and already surpass future DOE 2023 part-load standards by nearly 10% to reduce energy use.
“Our Choice rooftop units are built to deliver the outstanding performance and exceptional durability Coleman is known for at an economical price point,” said Eric Newberg, director of commercial product management, commercial ducted systems, Johnson Controls. “The flexible design is ideal for both new construction and the retrofit market and features a footprint that can replace approximately 70% of the competitive installed base without the need for costly transition curbs.”
Choice rooftop units provide greater system design flexibility to meet the demands of diverse applications. An optional four-stage IntelliSpeed™ discrete fan control allows units to deliver 15% higher IEER ratings than some competitive high-efficiency units. Additional airflow strategies, including constant-volume (CV), variable air volume (VAV) and Continuous Reset Single Zone (CRSZ).
Additional features include:
- A wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity.
- Multiple outdoor air options, including both factory and field installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust.
- A lightweight design that is up to 33% lighter than existing Coleman models and up to 22% lighter than competing products.
- Smart Equipment enablement with a prepackaged control platform that maximizes control and efficiency while extending equipment life and reducing operating costs. Units seamlessly integrate with leading building controls systems, including Verasys®. An optional Mobile Access Portal (MAP) gateway with Wi-Fi® hotspot provides access to commissioning, configuration and maintenance logs using a mobile smart device.
“We’re committed to meeting the unique requirements of Coleman customers in the commercial HVAC space by delivering innovative, cost-effective and dependable comfort solutions,” said Tim Brusseau, director of strategic national accounts, Johnson Controls. “Our heritage of quality and durability is crafted into every Coleman HVAC Point Choice rooftop unit to provide long-lasting comfort you can count on.”
The new Coleman units are designed, engineered, assembled and tested in America at the state-of-the-art Johnson Controls Rooftop Center for Excellence in Norman, Oklahoma. The systems are backed by some of the best warranties in the business, including a standard 1-year parts warranty, 5-year compressor and electric heat limited warranties, 10-year aluminized heat exchanger limited warranty and a 15-year stainless steel heat exchanger limited warranty – providing customers with greater peace of mind.
For more information, visit ColemanAC.com/PointChoice.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.