Press Release Summary:
- Designed for 25GBase-T and 40GBase-T networks with up to 40 Gbps transfer data rate
- Offers RJ45 ends to connect 25 Gb/40 Gb equipment, including network switches, modems, routers, adapters, hubs and patch panels
- Support up to 2 GHz (2000 MHz) of bandwidth and Power over Ethernet (PoE)
Original Press Release:
Tripp Lite’s Cat8 Patch Cables Support 40G Network Upgrades
New Cat8 Cables are Four Times Faster than Cat6a Cables
CHICAGO (PRWEB) JANUARY 22, 2020 - Tripp Lite, a global manufacturer of power protection and connectivity solutions, makes it easy to accommodate network upgrades in data centers and server rooms. New Category 8 (Cat8) Ethernet patch cables provide the fastest data transfer rates and largest bandwidth of any copper network cables available.
Designed for 25GBase-T and 40GBase-T networks, Cat8 patch cables transfer data at rates up to 40 Gbps, which is four times faster than Cat6a cables. The cables have RJ45 ends to connect 25 Gb/40 Gb equipment, including network switches, modems, routers, adapters, hubs and patch panels. To reduce latency in busy networks, the cables support up to 2 GHz (2000 MHz) of bandwidth, which is four times more than Cat6a cables. Cat8 cables also support Power over Ethernet (PoE) to provide power to PoE devices that do not have an AC power source nearby.
In addition to the fastest speed and largest bandwidth, the Cat8 cables feature shielded foiled twisted pair (S/FTP) construction to reduce interference. Each twisted pair has its own shielding to reduce near-end crosstalk (NEXT), and braiding around the group of pairs offers additional protection from line noise.
“Cat8 is the newest standard for copper network cables and provides a much faster alternative to Cat6a,” said David Posner, Director of Product Marketing, Connectivity. “Tripp Lite verifies its Cat8 cables to meet the highest standards of performance, ensuring customers will get the speed and bandwidth they need for 40G network upgrades, now or in the future.”
Key Features of Tripp Lite’s Cat8 Cables
- Data transfer rates up to 40 Gbps
- Bandwidth up to 2 GHz
- Support for Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Shielded foiled twisted pair (S/FTP) construction to prevent interference
- RJ45 connectors with snagless design to protect locking tabs
- White PVC jacket
- Lengths up to 25 ft.
See Tripp Lite’s full line of copper network cables at tripplite.com