Press Release Summary:
- CA18CA and CA30CA series is housed in durable AISI316L stainless steel housings or PTFE Teflon housings for high chemical resistance
- Available with AND, OR, XOR and Gated SR/FF logic functions
- Used in markets such as plastic and rubber, HVAC, agriculture and food and beverage
Original Press Release:
IO-Link Capacitive Proximity Sensors in Rugged Stainless Steel or Teflon Housings
August 24, 2020 - Buffalo Grove, IL – CARLO GAVAZZI is pleased to announce the launch of our new Capacitive Proximity Sensors with Integrated IO-Link communications. Building upon our existing range of sensors, these new sensors are housed in durable AISI316L stainless steel housings or PTFE Teflon housings for high chemical resistance.
Based on our 4th generation TRIPLESHIELD™ sensors, the CA18.. and the CA30.. Series sensors represent the ideal solution for industrial automation equipment in applications where the sensing performance needs to be constantly and accurately monitored and logged.
Besides the full range of technical features provided by our capacitive sensor families, the IOLink communication mode enables additional advanced functionalities such as: QoR (Quality of Run), QoT (Quality of Teach) and diagnostic parameters. With IO-Link each sensor becomes fully programmable and customizable, allowing more than half a million setting combinations.
The Capacitive Proximity Sensors with Integrated IO-Link feature:
- M18 and M30 in AISI316L stainless steel or PTFE housings
- Programmable sensing distance and hysteresis
- Sensing mode: single point, two point and windows mode
- Logic functions: AND, OR, XOR and “Gated SR/FF”
- Timer functions: ON, OFF and One shot from
- Configurable output/input: NPN, PNP, Push-Pull and external input
- Alarm outputs: temperature and dust - with adjustable set points
- Logging functions: temperatures, operational hours, power cycles, configuration changes
- Detection filter
- Application modes: Standard, Plastic or Level applications
- Quality of Run (QoR) and Quality of Teach (QoT)
- 2 m PVC cable or M12-plug
- IO-Link communication V 1.1
The new IO-Link Capacitive Sensors series have been designed to be used in specific markets such as Plastic & Rubber, HVAC, Agriculture and Food & Beverage, providing the ideal solutions to perfectly fit any application need.
The Capacitive Sensors with IO-Link are available from Carlo Gavazzi’s network of sales offices and distributors in the Americas, or at www.GavazziOnline.com.