Press Release Summary:
- Available in three models for either single use braking, holding or both braking and holding and function at full torque rating
- Features include quiet operation, high holding torque, space saving, long service life, stable, reliable braking power and manual release mechanisms
- Comes with brake torque ranging from 0.88 ft/lb to 0.369 ft/lb and utilizes internal compression springs to provide power-off, fail-safe braking
Original Press Release:
Miki Pulley Introduces BXW Model Spring Actuated Brakes
Plymouth, Minnesota: Miki Pulley’s BXW Spring Actuated Electromagnetic Brakes provide reliable dynamic braking when the power is disengaged and excellent performance in long-term holding applications.
BXW brakes utilize internal compression springs to provide power-off, fail-safe braking. The primary moving part in this robust but simple brake design is the armature plate. When actuated, the brake compression springs push the armature plate into the friction disc when power is disengaged. This feature provides fail-safe braking and allows the brake to maintain position over long periods of time, thus preventing machinery from “coasting” when powered off.
Another nice feature, Miki Pulley BXW Brakes function at full torque rating “right out of the box” so no startup run-in is needed. They are available in three different models for either single use braking, holding or both braking and holding. Depending on size selected, BXW Brakes are ideal for small and large applications including use with servo motors.
Additional features include: quiet operation, high holding torque, space saving, long service life, stable, reliable braking power and manual release mechanisms.
BXW Brake specifications are depending on model:
- Brake torque: 0.88 ft/lb to 0.369 ft/lb (0.12Nm to 5.2Nm)
- Brake outer diameter: 1.457” to 2.953” (37mm to 75mm)
- Ambient Temperature: 14 F ~ 104 F; (-10 ℃ ~ 40 ℃)
For more information about Miki Pulley Spring Actuated Brakes, call Jon Davidson at 1-800-533-1731. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org The Miki Pulley US Sales Office, Zero-Max, 13200 Sixth Avenue North, Plymouth, Minnesota 55441-5509. Fax: 763-546-8260.
CONTACT: Gerald F. Madison
Anderson-Madison Advertising, Inc.
4600 West 77th Street, Suite 335
Edina, Minnesota 55435