Press Release Summary:
- Offered in 8 measurement ranges in 32 to 256 mm and features analog voltage, current output and IO-link interface
- Designed for measuring the position of pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder rods and actuators through non-ferrous housing walls
- Provides continuous monitoring of piston position in tight spaces and deliver signal stability and reliability
Original Press Release:
New Balluff BMPs Combine IO-Link, Analog in Single Device
Magnetic Position Sensors Provide Continuous Linear Feedback, Contact-Free
Florence, Kentucky (April 26, 2019) — The latest additions to the Balluff BMP family of magnetic position sensors combine IO-Link, analog voltage and analog current in a singular device to overcome the limitations of discrete pneumatic cylinder switches.
The newly released sensors provide continuous linear feedback — detecting and measuring the position of pneumatic or hydraulic cylinder rods and actuators through non-ferrous housing walls, over the entire measurement range. And they do it all contact free. Ideal for most industries, they are especially advantageous for Industry 4.0 as they improve ease of automation size change and allow for condition monitoring and predictive maintenance.
The BMP magnetic position sensors calculate the actual target position of the magnet and output it as a position-dependent analog or IO-Link signal. They deliver signal stability and reliability, and the sensors’ compact size allows for integration in very limited installation spaces.
The IO-Link and analog all-in-one options give the full suite of IO-Link functionality including integrated switch points, internal sensor temperature, fast cycle time, measurement value, and scaling factor and status.
Key features include:
- Analog voltage, current output and IO-Link interface
- Continuous monitoring of piston position in tight spaces
- Ideal for Industry 4.0 — automatic size change, condition monitoring and predictive maintenance
- Available in 8 different measurement ranges from 32 to 256 mm, in 32mm increments
Balluff stands for innovative technology, quality and cross-industry experience in industrial automation. As a leading sensor and automation specialist, Balluff offers a comprehensive portfolio of innovative sensor, identification and network solutions as well as software for integrated system solutions. We give our all to improve the competitive position of our customers by sharing our passion for automation.
Founded in Neuhausen auf den Fildern in 1921, Balluff now employees 3600 workers in distribution, production and development sites around the globe. This guarantees excellent worldwide product availability for our customers, as well as high-quality consulting and service directly on site.