Press Release Summary:
- Operate up to 5 kV when used in non-category environments, with transient overvoltages up to 2 kV
- Feature 2 mm. solder cup and 4.8 mm. quick connect
- Offer M3 threaded hole and 2 mm. solder cup with slot
Original Press Release:
New 5 kV High Voltage Series Banana Jacks and Test Leads
The four new jacks are 4 mm Sheathed Bananas. Whereas our standard 4 mm sheathed banana jacks are rated to 1,000 V CAT III / 600 V CAT IV, these new High Voltage Jacks can, in addition, operate up to 5 kV when used in non-category environments, with transient overvoltages up to 2 kV.
The new jacks feature four different connection types to provide you with the options you need for your project:
- 2 mm Solder Cup
- 4.8 mm Quick Connect
- M3 Threaded Hole
- 2 mm Solder Cup with Slot
Model Number: Description
CT4006-#: 5kV, 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, Panel Mount, 2mm Solder Cup
CT4008-#: 5kV, 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, Panel Mount, 4.8mm Quick Connect
CT4406-#: 5kV, 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, Panel Mount, M3 Threaded Hole
CT4407-#: 5kV, 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, Panel Mount, 2mm Solder Cup w/ Slot
The high voltage ability of these new jacks is due to their extended length and therefore they will not accept standard sheathed banana plugs. For a proper fit, and to meet the safety needed for 5 kV measurements, these jacks are designed to interface with our High Voltage Test Leads, CT3018 and CT3020. The CT3020 is a High Voltage Test Lead, with a 4 mm Long-Reach Sheathed Banana Plug on both ends. The CT3018 is also a High Voltage 4 mm Long-Reach Sheathed Banana Plug Test Lead but with a Fully Insulated Large Alligator Clip on the second end.
For optimal flexibility, the alligator clip can be ordered separately as our model CT3021. Again, the high voltage alligator clip is designed to work exclusively with our 4 mm Long-Reach Test Leads.
New Products Review
Listed below are the latest product releases. Click on the link below to view the product pages and review detailed product information as well as technical resources.
- CT3382A, Precision RF Attenuator Kit, BNC M?F, 50Ω
- CT4299, Fused Probe, 500mA with Locking Tip Cover
- CT4231, 4mm Sheathed Binding Post, Panel Mount
- CT3800, Series of Magnetic Connectors
- CT4140A, 4mm Inline Fuse Adapter, 1 kV CAT IV, with ID rings
- CT2142, 2mm Do-It-Yourself stacking banana plug with solder wire connection
- CT2143, 2 mm Plug to Plug wire for easy connections
- CT2387, Spring Tip Miniature Probe with 2 mm jack
For more information please contact us.
Director of Product Development
About Cal Test Electronics
Since 1995, Cal Test Electronics has been serving the electronic and electrical markets with an extensive line of quality test accessories and a commitment to total customer service. We evolved for the specific purpose of providing customers with products they need to get their tasks completed. Our mission is to provide you with both a quality product and 30 years of expert knowledge so that you can remain focused on your goal. Our job is to make your testing life easier. If you are in the electronic, electrical, maintenance or process control industries, we offer the most comprehensive lines of test accessories. With over 3,000 items in 7 product categories, there is almost no test accessory challenge Cal Test cannot meet.