Press Release Summary:
- Designed for extreme weather conditions and is ideal for outdoor perimeter security gates, outdoor storage lockers, cargo containers and transportation trailers
- Offers weatherproof and high security lock that resists cutting and pulling attacks
- Available in 5/16 in. and 7/16 in. diameter stainless steel and 1 7/8 in., 2 3/8in., 2in., and 2 ½ in. shackle lengths
Original Press Release:
ASSA ABLOY Introduces New Padlock that Out-Performs in All Weather Conditions
The All Weather Padlock (AWP Series) is a hefty stainless steel addition to ASSA ABLOY's line of high security padlocks. The AWP is available with either a mechanical or intelligent key cylinder depending on your level of need for physical security, auditing, key control, and scheduling.
SALEM, VIRGINIA (PRWEB) JANUARY 07, 2020 - ASSA ABLOY today announced the introduction of Medeco’s All Weather Padlock (AWP Series), a hefty stainless steel addition to Medeco’s line of high security padlocks. The AWP Series is designed for installations requiring reliable, rugged service performance in the most extreme weather conditions.
“You don’t name a padlock the ‘All Weather Padlock’ unless it can live up to its name,” said David Matherly, Medeco product manager, ASSA ABLOY. “The AWP Series has passed rigorous performance testing to offer the highest level of weatherproof protection making it ideal for outdoor perimeter security gates, outdoor storage lockers, cargo containers and transportation trailers.”
Medeco’s All Weather Padlock’s body is made of solid 303 stainless steel and is available with either a stainless steel or boron alloy shackle. The keyway and electrical contacts are kept clean and dry with a weather-sealed cap on the padlock’s base. The AWP Series is not only weatherproof, it is also a high security lock that resists cutting and pulling attacks. Medeco’s mechanical cylinders provide the additional benefit of patented key control, while both the Medeco CLIQ and Medeco XT cylinders add sophisticated audit and control features.
- 300 Series, extruded stainless steel body resists physical attack and corrosion
- 5/16” and 7/16” diameter, stainless steel and boron alloy shackles
- 1 7/8”, 2 3/8”, 2”, and 2 ½” shackle lengths
- Padlocks are shipped with a weather protector seal cap attached by a stainless steel cable
- Key retaining cylinder design
- O-ring sealed cap, cylinder, and shackles resist grime and water freeze-up at low temperatures
For more information, visit http://www.medeco.com/awp.
Founded in 1968 and based in Salem, Va., Medeco is a brand associated with ASSA ABLOY High Security Group, Inc., an ASSA ABLOY Group company. Medeco is a market leader in mechanical and electronic locks and locking systems for security, safety, and control. The company’s customer base includes wholesale and retail security providers, original equipment manufacturers, and institutional, commercial, industrial, and residential end-users. Visit http://www.medeco.com for additional information.
About ASSA ABLOY:
The ASSA ABLOY Group is the global leader in access solutions. The Group operates worldwide with 48,500 employees and sales of SEK 84 billion. The Group has leading positions in areas such as efficient door openings, trusted identities and entrance automation. ASSA ABLOY's innovations enable safe, secure and convenient access to physical and digital places. Every day, we help billions of people experience a more open world. For more information, visit http://www.assaabloy.com.
1 203 492 4225