Press Release Summary:
- CRT combines a DPF that traps up to 99% of harmful particulate matter from diesel exhaust with a catalyst that reduces carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons
- Load bank enables automatic filter regeneration, even when the engine load is too low for passive regeneration
- Automatic regeneration will generate clean energy at the times whenever needed
Original Press Release:
Johnson Matthey Launches The ActivDPF Filter System-auto-regenerating to Provide Clean and Reliable Emergency Power
- Automatic regeneration of the filter ensures that the emergency genset is always ready to generate power
- Integration with a load bank enables automatic filter regeneration, even when the engine load is too low for passive regeneration
- Multiple engines can share one load bank, and filter only regenerates when necessary, resulting in low capital and operating costs
Audubon, Pa., March 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Johnson Matthey launches an innovative automatically regenerating ActivDPFTM diesel particulate filter (DPF) system for stationary diesel engines. The technology gives facility operators and engineers peace of mind that their emergency generators are able to deliver clean energy whenever needed, without depending on a filter monitoring system. Now, the ActivDPF system automatically performs that function, while simultaneously exercising the engine.
The ActivDPF system integrates Johnson Matthey's patented Continuously Regenerating Trap (CRT®) technology with a load bank, for an even more versatile and reliable product. The CRTcombines a DPF that traps up to 99% of harmful particulate matter from diesel exhaust with a catalyst that reduces carbon monoxide and hydrocarbons. The load bank enables automatic filter regeneration, even when the engine load is too low for passive regeneration. And periodic use of the load bank exercises the engine for better engine maintenance and power reliability.
Bob Bono, Sales Manager for Johnson Matthey said "The ActivDPF system is a step change in the way industrial, manufacturing and other facility operators think about their emergency generation systems and emissions control strategies. With automatic regeneration, they can be confident the system will generate clean energy at the times they need it most.
"By using a single load bank across multiple engines they can see this benefit while achieving lower capital costs, and because the load bank controller automatically adjusts engine operation to generate load only when regeneration is required very little fuel is consumed, minimising operating costs."
Johnson Matthey is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the performance, function and safety of our customers' products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet's natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Mattheyprofessionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us. For more information, visit www.matthey.com
Inspiring science, enhancing life
Source Johnson Matthey
For further information, please contact: JMPR@matthey.com
Web Site: matthey.com