New Audio IC and Certified Module Help to Reduce Bill of Materials with Integrated Features
Press Release Summary:
- IS2083BM IC and BM83 module eliminates the need for an external host MCU to support application functionality
- Integrate bluetooth low energy (BLE), data length extension (DLE) and LE secure connection (LE SC) that enables 2.5 times high data throughput
- Features integrated power amplifier that includes up to +9.5 dBm output power
Original Press Release:
Reduce Bill of Materials (BOM) in Wireless Audio Designs with Microchip’s New Bluetooth® 5.0-Qualified, Dual-Mode Solutions
Audio IC and fully certified module include integrated features, higher power output and Sony’s high fidelity LDAC™ codec support
Chandler, Ariz., October 7, 2019 – To help Bluetooth® speaker and headphone manufacturers maintain product differentiation in the competitive wireless audio market, Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP) today released the next generation of its Bluetooth 5.0-qualified dual-mode audio IC and fully certified module.
Measuring just 5.5 x 5.5 mm, the low-power IS2083BM IC is ideal for small form factor designs and gives developers more space to use larger batteries in end products. Both the IS2083BM IC and BM83 module enable customers to reduce Bill of Materials (BOM) with highly integrated features, including:
- Embedded Mode: Eliminates the need for an external host MCU to support application functionality
- Integrated Power Amplifier: The integrated power amplifier includes up to +9.5 dBm output power, removing the need for an external power amplifier
- Large Flash Memory: With an integrated 2 Mbyte Flash memory, this feature provides the ability to store updated files during over-the-air (OTA) updates and software settings without external storage
- Support for Sony’s LDAC™ Audio Codec Technology*: This technology extends high-resolution audio beyond audiophiles and into mass market Bluetooth wireless products
The IS2083BM IC and BM83 module also integrate Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) Data Length Extension (DLE) and LE Secure Connection (LE SC) that enables approximately 2.5 times higher data throughput and improved security when transmitting data such as during firmware updates.
The IS2083BM IC and BM83 come with a suite of development tools, Microchip’s mobile application and example codes for rapid development.
About Microchip Technology
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of smart, connected and secure embedded control solutions. Its easy-to-use development tools and comprehensive product portfolio enable customers to create optimal designs which reduce risk while lowering total system cost and time to market. The company’s solutions serve more than 125,000 customers across the industrial, automotive, consumer, aerospace and defense, communications and computing markets. Headquartered in Chandler, Arizona, Microchip offers outstanding technical support along with dependable delivery and quality. For more information, visit the Microchip website at www.microchip.com.