Press Release Summary:
- Available in BNI00C9, BNI00C7, BNI00C8 and BNI00C6 modules
- Features are single channel analog interface, extended diagnostics and condition monitoring data
- Can convert analog input data such as current, voltage, and RTD/thermocouple
Original Press Release:
Balluff Simplifies Analog Device Integration with IO-Link
Florence, Kentucky (June 28, 2019) — Balluff’s newest family of single channel, analog interface modules simplify configuration and integration of analog devices by interfacing with IO-Link. Because analog devices are widely used in factory automation controls architectures, these modules can save valuable time and resources.
Balluff is introducing four second-generation, single channel analog-to-IO-Link interface modules used to convert a variety of analog input data such as current, voltage, and RTD/thermocouple measurement to digital equivalent values. And having IO-Link onboard enhances diagnostic information available. The new modules are:
- BNI00C9 - Analog input conversion of input data like current, voltage and RTDs
- BNI00C7 - Analog input for temperature measurement sensors, Type J, Type K, or RTDs
- BNI00C8 - Analog output module with voltage or current output configurations
- BNI00C6 - Universal analog module, configure as either an analog input or analog output.
These modules further simplify installations by eliminating analog in-chassis interface boards and reducing additional analog network blocks. IO-Link lets you replace lengthy shielded cable runs with basic unshielded cables.
Key features include:
- Single channel analog interface modules designed to simplify analog integration
- Extended diagnostics available through IO-Link communication, such as measurement out of range
- 18mm smooth barrel style inline design with IP67 protection rating in stainless steel housing
- Condition monitoring data, such as ambient temperature and operating hours
- User selectable resolution from 10 to 16 bits for digital values
Learn more at: www.balluff.com
About Balluff Inc.
Balluff Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Balluff GmbH, Neuhausen, Germany. Balluff is a leading supplier of networked IO-Link control system architectures that unlock the potential of the IIoT and Industry 4.0. Balluff offers a wide range of intelligent IO-Link and industrial Ethernet sensors in a variety of technologies including inductive, photoelectric, capacitive, and magnetic as well as magnetostrictive linear position sensors, magnetic tape linear encoders, industrial RFID systems, and industrial vision systems. Balluff provides cost-saving, process-enhancing solutions to machine builders and manufacturers to control, regulate, automate, assemble, position, and monitor manufacturing, assembly, and packaging sequences. Industries served include: automotive, packaging, food processing, beverages, tire, primary metals, conventional and alternative energy, semiconductor, plastics, and fluid power.