New Access Control System from Genetec is FIPS 201 Compliant
Press Release Summary:
- By embedding pivCLASS™ authentication firmware into a Mercury LP4502 controller which reduces hardware expenditure and benefit from a speedy authentication process
- Ideal for retrofits and can upgrade existing systems by adding a dedicated pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) from HID to their installation
- Offers non-proprietary, open-architecture choices to validate Personal Identity verification (PIV and PIV-I) for federal employees and contractors
Original Press Release:
Genetec Strengthens its Access Control Offering for the US Federal Market
Close collaboration with technology partners Mercury Security and HID Global enables Genetec to bring non-proprietary FICAM-certified solutions to the US federal market
MONTREAL (PRWEB) AUGUST 08, 2019 - Genetec Inc. (“Genetec”), a leading technology provider of unified security, public safety, operations, and business intelligence solutions, today announced that it is now offering multiple FICAM-(Federal Identity, Credential, and Access Management) certified options for its Security Center Synergis™ access control system. In a market that has been traditionally weighed down by limited solutions that are often proprietary, these new options offer non-proprietary, open-architecture choices to efficiently validate Personal Identity verification (PIV and PIV-I) for federal employees and contractors.
“Older physical security technology no longer meets federal standards or complies with the latest regulations, that’s why government agencies are looking to modernize their operations. By unifying all systems in the Security Center Synergis platform, security teams can better mitigate risks, increase operator efficiency and reduce cybersecurity efforts all while remaining compliant with the latest FIPS standards,” said Justin Himelberger, Enterprise Systems Business Development Manager—Federal & DOD at Genetec.
Genetec offers two FICAM-certified options:
1. Onboard authentication using Mercury LP4502 controller: Ideal for new installations, this option is an efficient and cost-effective approach to achieving FIPS 201 compliancy. By embedding pivCLASS™ authentication firmware into a Mercury LP4502 controller, users reduce their hardware expenditure and benefit from a speedy authentication process.
2. Authentication using HID PAM: Ideal for retrofits, customers can upgrade their existing systems by adding a dedicated pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) from HID to their installation.
“Genetec and Mercury Security have been close partners for years and we are pleased to offer our US Federal market customers FICAM-compliant solutions that are nonproprietary and based on an open-architecture. The Mercury LP4502 controller with Genetec Synergis access control system enable customers to comply with the most stringent access and identity federal standards with the minimum amount of disruptions,” said Matt Barnette, President of Mercury Security.