Press Release Summary:
- Feature an ergonomic nose and locking safety cap, when in-place, limits tip exposure to a 4 mm. maximum
- Offer grey locking cap that compliance with safety standard UL 61010-031
- Come with 75 mm. body size and have brass, nickel plated tips
Original Press Release:
New UL listed 3900B Series Probe Accessories
Introducing Cal Test’s 3900B Series of DMM probes and accessories. This series complies with the rigorous safety standards of UL 61010-031 2nd edition and all members feature the authorized UL logo.
Core members of the series are the handheld probes featuring an ergonomic nose and locking safety cap. The cap, when in-place, limits tip exposure to a 4 mm maximum. This small exposure limits arc-flash while probing into high-energy environments, i.e., CAT III and CAT IV. The probes, with safety caps in place, are rated to 1,000 V CAT III / 600 V CAT IV.
The cap’s locking feature, also a requirement of 61010-031, requires a tool to remove thereby providing a physical reminder to review environmental conditions before engaging.
For lower energy environments, caps are easily removed using a small screwdriver or similar tool. Under the cap is a standard Ø2 mm by 19 mm probe tip, convenient for simple probing, use as a pin connector, or for attaching any of the 3900B Series tip accessories. Probes with the safety cap removed are rated to a maximum 1,000 V CAT II.
- Grey locking cap for compliance with safety standard UL 61010-031
- Compact size body: 75 mm (2.96") length
- Tip: Brass, Nickel Plated
- Tip fits North American power sockets
- Using Cal Test’s CT375X Series Test Leads, will match UL rating
Tip adapter accessories include an Extended Tip, Alligator Clip, Spade Lug and Sprung Hook; all which snap-lock to the 3900B Series probes for a firm, secure attachment. The probe will not slip-off from the weight of the lead wire. Each adapter features its own UL listing. The adapters are rated 300 V CAT II, except the spade lug which carries 30 Vac / 60 Vdc.
All of Cal Test Electronics 3900B Series DMM probes and accessories are RoHS 2 compliant and feature the CE mark required of the European Union.
See the model descriptions below for the complete offering.
Model: Description: Rating
CT3941B: Extended Tip Adapter, 3900B Series UL, 50mm, B/R Pair MSRP $25.40: 300 V CAT II
CT3943B: Alligator Clip Adapter, 3900B Series UL, B/R Pair MSRP $8.20: 300 V CAT II
CT3945B: Spade Lug Adapter, 3900B Series UL, B/R Pair MSRP $11.50: 60 VDC / 30 VAC
CT3947B: Sprung Hook Adapter, 3900B Series UL, B/R Pair MSRP $10.30: 300 V CAT II
CT3975B: Probe Body w/Locking Cap, 3900B Series UL, B/R Pair MSRP $7.80: 1,000 V CAT III
In addition, Cal Test has assembled several kits with the most useful combinations of probe accessories and test leads. Each component is UL listed.
CT3978B: Probe Body w/Locking Cap & Full Accessories, UL, B/R Pairs MSRP $64.20
CT3979B: Probe Body w/Locking Cap, w/Accessories & Leads, UL - 150cm, B/R Pair MSRP $78.70
CT3981B: Probe w/Locking Cap, Fixed Sheathed Plug Leads, UL, 120cm, B/R Pair MSRP $19.00
CT3983B: Probe w/Locking Cap, Fixed Sheathed Plug Leads, w/Access, UL, 120cm, B/R Pair MSRP $69.40
CT3985B: Probe w/Locking Cap, Fixed Right Angle Sheathed Plug Leads, UL, 120cm, B/R Pair MSRP $19.00
CT3987B: Probe w/Locking Cap, Fixed Right Angle Sheathed Plug Leads w/Access, UL, 120cm, B/R MSRP $69.40
CT3994B-8: Probe Tip Cap, Locking - 3900B Series UL, Grey MSRP $1.10
Click here to download Product Images
Product User Manuals
Click here to download Product Manuals
New Products Review
Listed below are the latest product releases. Click on the link below to view the product pages and review detailed product information as well as technical resources.
- CT3688A, Active Differential Probe Kit, 200 MHz, 10x Small Signal ±20 V
- CT4401, 8kV Hook Clip with 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack
- CT4043-200, High Current Test Leads, 60A, 200cm w/ Spade Lugs
- High Voltage Series Sheathed Jacks, 5kV, 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack, Panel Mount
- High Voltage Series Banana Plug Test Leads, 5kV, 4mm Long Reach Banana Plug Test Leads, PVC Jacket
- CT3021, 5kV, Fully Insulated Large Alligator Clip with 4mm Sheathed Banana Jack
- CT3887, CAT IV Sheathed Banana Jack, Press Fit, 2mm Pin, 1kV
- CT4299, Fused Probe, 500mA with Locking Tip Cover
For more information, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Director of Product Development
About Cal Test Electronics
Since 1995, Cal Test Electronics has been serving the electronic and electrical markets with an extensive line of quality test accessories and a commitment to total customer service. We evolved for the specific purpose of providing customers with products they need to get their tasks completed. Our mission is to provide you with both a quality product and 30 years of expert knowledge so that you can remain focused on your goal. Our job is to make your testing life easier. If you are in the electronic, electrical, maintenance or process control industries, we offer the most comprehensive lines of test accessories. With over 3,000 items in 7 product categories, there is almost no test accessory challenge Cal Test cannot meet.