Press Release Summary:
- Available with ¼-20 and M6 mounting thread that is designed to hold parts from 1.18 in. to 6 in. in diameter
- Made of black anodized aluminum sitting on a ¾ in. x 2 in. steel stand-off secured by a flat-head screw
- Each leg has adjustable pins with o-rings to provide grip when part is in place
Original Press Release:
Phillips Precision 3-Legged Spider Clamp
BOYLSTON, Mass. August 15, 2018 – Phillips Precision’s Products Division announces its new 3-Legged SpiderClamp™ as part of the Inspection Arsenal® LEAN, Quick-Swap inspection fixture system. Not only does Phillips Precision offer the only quick-swap standard fixture systems, but they provide quick, creative fixture design and quick shipping of your orders. Inspection Arsenal® tooling will help optimize your inspection process and uncover hidden profits.
This unique vise is specifically designed to hold delicate round parts without distortion and allow maximum back lighting for vision inspection (also works well for CMM inspection). Designed to replace bulky traditional 3-jaw chucks which limit access and can distort parts. The Spider Vise™ is designed to hold parts from 1.18” to 6” in diameter. Each leg has adjustable pins with o-rings to provide grip when part is in place. Spider-Vise™ is black anodized aluminum sitting on a ¾” x 2” steel stand-off secured by a flat-head screw. Add taller stand-offs to gain more height when necessary. Available with ¼-20 and M6 mounting thread.
Inspection Arsenal® will protect your company profits in many ways.
- Enjoy a rapid return on investment
- Inspect more parts per shift
- Create multiple quick-swap setups per CMM
- Move fixtures from one machine to another
- Increase the number of employees who inspect
- Adapt and reuse existing fixtures effortlessly
- Access granite surface easily
- Use CMM palletization features
- Work toward lights-out inspections
- Use as dedicated tooling - add it to your job box
- Ships immediately, as product is ready-made
Inspection Arsenal® complements other fixturing you may have and the value makes converting from other techniques very cost effective. Plates with air-glide feature are made to order. Standard Loc-N-Load™ product is ready-made and the company has a same-day shipping policy so an order today can be improving efficiency by tomorrow.
For additional information visit www.phillips-precision.com where you’ll find case studies and demo videos on all products that show just how fast and easy Inspection Arsenal® is to use.
About Phillips Precision, Inc.
Phillips Precision, Inc. of Boylston, MA is a full-service machine shop and work holding product innovator. Phillips designs, develops and markets work-holding products for manufacturers, in addition to providing custom fixture design services.