Press Release Summary:
- Offers gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity
- Features multiple outdoor air options, including both factory and field installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust
- Comes with independent circuits to help avoid full unit shutdowns and a lead-lag compensator to help balance system wear and tear for lasting dependability
Original Press Release:
New Luxaire® Optimum™ Choice 15-27.5 ton Rooftop Units Chieve Exceptional Energy and Cost Savings
New commercial rooftop units deliver value and performance within an economical package
MILWAUKEE – (November 7, 2019) – The Luxaire® brand of Johnson Controls has launched a new series of 15-27.5 ton rooftop units that achieve exceptional energy and cost savings. Luxaire Optimum™ Choice units exceed future Department of Energy (DOE) 2023 part-load standards by almost 10% and 2018 DOE guidelines by 25% all within an economical package.
“Rapidly-changing energy standards often impact budgets,” said Matthew Schlegel, product manager, Ducted Systems, Johnson Controls. “Choice units provide a flexible design and features that are engineered to surpass these standards – all within a value package. Choice units can even achieve 15% higher IEER ratings than some competitive high-efficiency units when an optional four-stage IntelliSpeed™ fan control is incorporated.”
Luxaire Optimum Choice rooftop units are designed to serve both the new construction and replacement markets. Multiple airflow strategies make Choice ideal for a diverse range of applications and include IntelliSpeed multi-speed discrete fan control, constant-volume (CV), variable air volume (VAV) and Continuous Reset Single Zone (CRSZ) control. Units are up to 22% lighter than competing products to reduce building design requirements and eliminate the need for additional structural engineering analysis when used in replacement applications.
Additional features include:
- The footprint can replace approximately 70% of the competitive installed base without the need for costly transition curbs.
- A wide range of gas heat options including full modulating gas heat with a 2.85 to 1 turndown ratio and 1% incremental change of heating capacity.
- Multiple outdoor air options, including both factory and field installed versions of low-leak damper economizers, constant volume powered exhaust and modulating powered exhaust.
- Independent circuits to help avoid full unit shutdowns and a lead-lag compensator to help balance system wear and tear for lasting dependability.
“Exceeding customer expectations requires continual advances and attention to detail,” said Mickey Smith, director of sales, Luxaire. “Our commitment to the rooftop unit market has allowed us to bring energy-saving innovations throughout our product offering. With the release of Choice, this now includes an economical option that surpasses stringent Depart of Energy regulations and delivers optimum performance.”
Choice 15-27.5 rooftop units are designed, engineered and assembled in the state-of-the-art Johnson Controls Rooftop Center for Excellence in Norman, Oklahoma. Units are supported with factory-backed warranties including a standard 1-year parts warranty, 5-year compressor and electric heat limited warranties, 10-year aluminized heat exchanger limited warranty and a 15-year stainless steel heat exchanger limited warranty.
For more information, visit Luxaire.com/OptimumChoice.
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, York®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641