Press Release Summary:
The Digital Ink Rub Tester features a large character LCD display. The product can perform several tests for measuring a variety of resistances such as scuffing, rubbing or hot abrasion resistance. It offers 5 speeds: 21, 42, 85, 100 and 106 cycles per minute. The rub tester features a continuous cycle mode and variable cycle count from 1-999. Other features include an automatic shut-off function and an alarm that notifies the user upon completion. The tester can be used to evaluate the resistance of inks, plastic film, packaging, paper, printed cartons and labels.
Original Press Release:
Introducing the New 10-20 Digital Ink Rub Tester
A 5-Speed Digital Ink Rub Tester that Accurately Measures Scuffing and Rub Resistance
For Immediate Release: The Digital Ink Rub Tester is designed to measure scuffing or rubbing resistance. Several tests can be performed including dry rub (the amount of transfer ink from one dry surface to another), wet rub (the amount of transfer of ink from wetted surface to another), wet bleed or transfer (ink transfer to a water-saturated blotter), wet smear (similar to wet bleed with the addition of rub cycles), functional rub/wet rub (smear or transfer tests using a liquid other than water and hot abrasion).
An optional heated weight provides a uniform test for evaluating hot abrasion resistance of printed cartons, labels, etc. Applications include: Inks, Plastic Film, Packaging, Paper, Labels, Coatings, Cartons and Printed Materials.
- Meets ASTM D5264 Ink Rub Tester, ASTM F2497, ASTM F1571, FINAT FTM 27, TAPPI T 830
- Five speeds - The standard speed (42 cycles per minute) and four additional speeds (21, 85, 100 and 106 cycles per minute)
- Additional variable speed ranging from 20-115 cycles per minute
- Infinitely variable cycle count from 1-999
- Continuous cycle mode
- Large character LCD Display
- Displays count up, count down, test status and configurations
- Preset counts remain in memory
- Automatic shut-off
- Selectable "test complete" alarm
- One-year warranty
- Includes scoring fixture for preparing sled test samples
- Item No. AB-201101