Press Release Summary:
STATISTICA Neural Networks v6 provides data mining, exploration and modeling tool for users who analyze complex relationships between variables. Users can record interactive analyses as Visual Basic macros for repeated use, access all features from object model, and integrate STATISTICA with multitude of applications. Intelligent Wizard automatically selects network types, complexity, and input variables.
Original Press Release:
StatSoft Announces New Version of STATISTICA Neural Networks
(Tulsa, Okla.) StatSoft, Inc. recently announced the release of STATISTICA Neural Networks version 6, the ultimate data mining, exploration and modeling tool for users who analyze complex relationships between variables. The popularity of neural network methodology is rapidly growing in a wide variety of areas from basic research to data mining applications, business forecasting, risk management, engineering, and can be used to uncover hidden trends, explain known patterns, and predict the future.
STATISTICA Neural Networks version 6 offers the most comprehensive selection of neural network architectures, algorithms, sampling methods and analytical graphs on the market. Intelligent problem solvers and automatic wizards make the program intuitive and among the easiest on the market to use.
The latest release includes the following new features:
* Comparative results from multiple models - a powerful feature designed to simplify comparing models in a single spreadsheet or plotting the response curves of several models on one graph.
* Efficient Output Management - STATISTICA features Microsoft Binder-style workbook functionality and easily customizable reports.
* Visual Basic Scripting - a fully programmable system: users can record interactive analyses as Visual Basic macros for repeated use, access all features from the object model, and integrate STATISTICA with a multitude of other applications such as Excel, C++, Java, etc.
* Ensemble Models and Resampling - the ability to create and store cooperative networks provides a powerful learning tool that can result in a lower generalization error.
* Enhanced API - run trained networks from other applications, including C, C++, or Visual Basic. Improved Intelligent Wizard - automatically selects network types, complexity, and input variables.
* New Network types - Self-Organizing Feature Map, Generalized Regression Neural Networks, Linear Models, Cluster Networks and Network Ensembles.
* Overfitting algorithms - early stopping, weight decay regularization, ensemble learning, cross-validation, Monte-Carlo and bootstrap techniques have been added to the already comprehensive selection.
* Training algorithms - Delta Bar Delta, Conjugate Gradient Descent, BFGS, and Quick-Propagation have been added.
* And many others.
STATISTICA Neural Networks version 6 seamlessly integrates with STATISTICA 6, the revolutionary new generation of the highest rated data analysis and visualization software, STATISTICA. The open architecture of all StatSoft programs, including STATISTICA Neural Networks, enables users to access the full power of STATISTICA 's analytical routines, hundreds of analytic and descriptive graphs, and specialized routines for data mining (more than 10,000 functions).
ABOUT STATSOFT, INC.
StatSoft, Inc. (www.statsoft.com), founded in 1984, is now one of the largest producers of enterprise and single-user software for data analysis, data mining, and quality control. Its products are used worldwide at most major universities, corporations, and government agencies and are distributed and supported with training and consulting services by a worldwide network of StatSoft subsidiaries and a large number of authorized distributors. STATISTICA has received the highest rating in EVERY comparative review in which it was featured since its first release in 1993.