Press Release Summary:
Wireless-G ADSL2+ Gateway, Model WAG54G v.2 combines ADSL2+ modem, Internet-sharing router, 4-port 10/100 switch and wireless-G access point that allows up to 32 wireless devices to connect to network at up to 54 Mbps. ADSL2 Gateway with 4-port switch, Model AG241, is a wired unit with ADSL modem, Internet-sharing router, and 4-port 10/100 switch. Offering incoming data speeds up to 12 Mbps, modem Model ADSL2MUE is compatible with ADSL2 standards and is upgradeable to ADSL2+.
Original Press Release:
Linksys Announces New, ADSL2 and 2+ Compliant Wired and Wireless Networking Devices for the Home
- New Wireless-G ADSL2+ Gateway, Wired ADSL2+ Gateway and ADSL2+ Modem Provide Users With All-in One Networking Solutions for High Speed Internet Sharing
Linksys(R), a division of Cisco Systems, Inc., the leading provider of broadband, wireless and networking hardware for the home, SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) and small business environments, today announced the availability of three new products, all compliant with ADSL2+ high speed technology: the Linksys Wireless-G ADSL2+ Gateway (WAG54G v.2), the Linksys ADSL2+ Gateway with 4-Port Switch (AG241) and the Linksys ADSL2+ Modem (ADSL2MUE).
ADSL2+ offers speeds up to 25 Mbps(1) enabling Internet Service Providers and Service Providers to offer a new set of high speed services and applications such as high definition TV broadcasting and on demand services.
The Linksys Wireless-G ADSL2+ Gateway (WAG54G v.2) is an all-in-one wireless solution for Internet connectivity in the home, providing an ADSL2+ modem, Internet-sharing router, 4-port 10/00 switch and a wireless-G (802.11g) access point in one box. The equipped ADSL2+ modem function provides a high-speed connection to the Internet, faster than a dial-up service, without tying up a phone line. Users can share files, printers, hard drive space and other resources, or play head-to-head PC games. Up to four PCs or other Ethernet-enabled devices can be attached directly and additional hubs and switches can be connected to enlarge the network as it is needed. The built in wireless-G access point allows up to 32 wireless devices to connect to a network at up to 54Mbps(1), without running cables throughout the house.
- High-speed ADSL2+ modem provides a connection to the Internet
- Connect PCs via the built-in Router and 4-port Switch to share the Internet throughout the household
- Built-in wireless-G access point enables a mobile network connection without running wires
- Share files, printers, hard drive space and other resources, or play head-to-head PC games
- Firewall, parental control, content filtering and security features protect data, and privacy
- IPSec VPN end point for connecting up to 5 remote sites and/or teleworkers securely
- Compatible with both ADSL1 and ADSL2 standards
Robert Auci, director of Sales for Linksys in Europe, Middle East and Africa said, "Although the WAG54G remains one of our best selling products throughout the region we recognised the need to upgrade the Gateway to become ADSL2+ compliant as more and more ISPs and ADSL providers are upgrading their ADSL Services to ADSL2/2+ to offer High Speed Internet Services. Not only are we upgrading our wireless gateway solution but also our wired gateway solution (AG241) which can provide a significant increase in speed and reliability for tomorrow's networks."
The Linksys ADSL2 Gateway with 4 Port-Switch (AG241) is a wired solution providing many of the same features as the WAG54G, i.e. an ADSL modem, Internet-sharing router and 4-port 10/100 switch in one box. The built-in ADSL modem function provides a high speed Internet connection, without tying up a phone line. The Gateway's Router function allows the whole network to share a single high-speed Internet connection. The ADSL2 Gateway helps to protect PCs from most known Internet attacks by means of a powerful Stateful Packet Inspection firewall. It can also serve as a DHCP server and supports up to five VPN tunnel endpoints, so users can connect securely to corporate networks.
Easy to install, the new Linksys ADSL2 modem (ADSL2MUE) is compatible with the latest ADSL standards including ADSL2 and is upgradeable to ADSL2+. With incoming data speeds up to 12 Mbps(1) (depending on service level), ADSL broadband service means users can download even the most graphic-intensive web pages in seconds. The ADSL2MUE can be connected directly to any PC equipped with a USB or Ethernet port or connected to a Linksys router to share high-speed Internet access with everyone on a home network.
- Connects to a PC over 10/100 Ethernet or USB
- Automatic MDI/MDI-X Ethernet port crossover detection for easy connection
- Up to 12 Mbps download speeds, 200 times faster than dial-up analogue modems, eliminate dial-up waiting time and busy signals
Pricing & Availability
These products are immediately available via the Linksys distribution and partner network at the following Manufacturers Suggested Retail Prices:
Wireless-G ADSL2+ Gateway (WAG54G v.2) 119 GBP inc. VAT
Linksys ADSL2+ Gateway with 4-Port Switch (AG241) 89 GBP inc. VAT
Linksys ADSL2+ Modem (ADSL2MUE) 49 GBP inc. VAT
Founded in 1988, Linksys, a Division of Cisco Systems, Inc., (Nasdaq: CSCO) is the global leader in Wireless and Ethernet networking for both consumer and SOHO users. Linksys is dedicated to making networking easy and affordable for its customers, offering innovative, award-winning products that seamlessly integrate with a variety of devices and applications. Linksys offers free of charge product support to its customers. For more information, visit the Linksys web site at www.linksys.com/uk/
(1) Actual real-world throughput will depend upon a number of factors, including, distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, operating system used, whether a mixed network configuration is used, interference, and other adverse conditions.
Linksys is a registered trademark or trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. Other brands and products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Copyright (C) 2005 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Web site: www.linksys.com/uk