Press Release Summary:
Offering optimizedÂ processor capabilities, NMEA 2000Â® SensorsÂ integrate with HDS Gen3 and Gen2 Touch Multifunction Displays. Fuel Data Manager stores fuel-use data from engine or engine interface connected to network, whileÂ Fuel Flow Sensors track gasoline flow and calculate fuel used, trip fuel used, as well as seasonal fuel use.Â Configurable for any liquid,Â Fluid Level Sensors help boaters maintain awareness of tank levels. Pressure, Speed,Â and Temperature Sensors are also available.
Original Press Release:
Redesigned Network Sensors Enhance Boating Integration and Convenience for Anglers
NMEA 2000® Sensors Offer Enhanced Processor Capabilities for Advanced Integration with HDS Gen3 and Gen2 Touch Multifunction Displays
Tulsa, Okla. – Lowrance®, a world-leader in fishing electronics since 1957 — announced today the release of a redesigned lineup of easy-to-install, intelligent sensors designed to monitor an array of vital engine and boating functions. Compatible with NMEA 2000® networks, the newly released products include the Lowrance Fluid Level Sensor, Fuel Data Manager, and Fuel Flow, Pressure, Paddlewheel Speed and Temperature Sensors.
Following is a summary of the redesigned sensors and the functions they monitor:
• Fuel Data Manager and Fuel Flow Sensors feed data to compatible HDS Gen3 and HDS Gen2 Touch displays for effective management of onboard fuel levels.
• Fuel Data Manager stores fuel-use data from an engine or engine interface connected to the network and can support data from up to three engines.
• Fuel Flow Sensors track gasoline flow and calculates fuel used, trip fuel used, as well as seasonal fuel use. When combined with a GPS speed source or the transom-mounted Paddlewheel Speed Sensor, boaters can use the Fuel Flow Sensor to calculate fuel economy to optimize time spent on the water.
• Fluid Level Sensors allow boaters to maintain awareness of tank levels and can be configured for any liquid – fuel, oil, live well, fresh water, gray water or black water tanks.
• Pressure Sensors are pre-configured for engine water pressure, but may be set for engine boost pressure, engine oil pressure or transmission oil pressure.
• Temperature Sensors (available in standard and thru-hull models) are calibrated for water temperature, but can also be used to monitor live well, bait well, outside, inside, engine room, cabin, refrigeration and heating system temperature. Configuration and display of this information is completed using Lowrance HDS multifunction displays.
Available from authorized Lowrance dealers worldwide, the Fluid Level Sensor, Fuel Data Manager, Pressure Sensor, Paddlewheel Speed Sensor, Temperature Sensor and Thru-hull Temperature Sensors are priced at $99 USD. The Fuel Flow Sensor is priced at $199 USD. For more information about the new sensors, the HDS Gen3, HDS Gen2 Touch, the complete line of Lowrance marine electronics, or to locate an authorized Lowrance dealer, please visit www.lowrance.com.
About Lowrance: The Lowrance® brand is wholly owned by Navico, Inc. A privately held, international corporation, Navico is currently the world’s largest marine electronics company, and is the parent company to leading marine electronics brands: Lowrance, Simrad, B&G and GoFree. Navico has approximately 1,500 employees globally and distribution in more than 100 countries worldwide. www.navico.com