Press Release Summary:
Acting as remote network operations center for mining industry, ActiveVision(TM) provides 24/7 monitoring and support for ActiveMine(TM) network, voice communications, and tracking systems anywhere on globe. Services include real-time network diagnostics and troubleshooting as well as ability to pinpoint network and component issues. Able to track and store operational statistics, solution also lets mine operators centrally view and monitor multiple mine operations.
Original Press Release:
Active Control Unveils New Network Monitoring Service for Mines
ActiveVision(TM) provides 24/7 support for ActiveMine(TM) communications and tracking
TORONTO, Feb. 19 -- Active Control Technology Inc. (TSX-V:ACT) today introduced ActiveVision(TM), a new monitoring and support service for ActiveMine(TM) network, voice communications and tracking systems.
ActiveVision is a first-of-its-kind remote network operations centre for the mining industry. It provides an added layer of network support by Active Control to continuously maximize the performance of ActiveMine systems anywhere in the world. Key benefits of the service include:
- 24/7 monitoring and support by Active Control network experts
- Real-time network diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Pinpoints network and component issues for quick resolution
- Tracks and stores operational statistics such as "Availability"
- Remote software updates
- Fast customer response and service
- Utilizes proven network management, monitoring and analysis technology
"ActiveVision is another way we're bringing mine network technology into the 21st century," said Steve Barrett, President and CEO, Active Control. "This unique new offering demonstrates our commitment to providing modern, best-practices support to ActiveMine customers."
ActiveVision will generate incremental service revenue streams and is provided for a monthly fee that is determined by the size and features of the installed ActiveMine network. In addition, ActiveVision technology will be available for mine operators to centrally view and monitor multiple mine operations. ActiveVision is enabled by a proprietary data feed over a secure extranet.
The ActiveMine communications, data and tracking system enables monitoring of production, personnel and equipment in all types of surface and underground mining environments, including coal and base metal mines. The system is designed to:
- Provide full duplex clear voice communications and tracking in one system.
- Be easily expanded with "plug & play" installation as a mine grows.
- Easily add other applications like machinery monitoring, belt monitoring, CO monitoring and streaming video.
- Operate on a 100 percent wireless Wi-Fi network backhaul capable of transmitting high speed data and voice communications.
- Be less susceptible to water and mechanical damage of all sorts, including rock fall.
- Use open-standards technology and support other Wi-Fi devices.
- Meet federal MINER Act requirements for wireless systems.
- Enable miners who become isolated underground to stay linked, even when they are distant from one another and cut off from the outside world - a capability made possible by the system's unique "Starfish(TM)" feature.
- Provide a wireless communications and data network above-ground, linked seamlessly to underground networks.
About Active Control Technology
ACT designs and markets wireless network control and communication systems for buildings and mining. Located in Burlington, Ontario, Canada, the company trades publicly on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol ACT. For more information, visit the company's website at www.activecontrol.com.
Get more out of your mine.(TM)
CONTACT: Steve Barrett, President & C.E.O., Active Control Technology Inc., Tel.: (905) 670-5500 ext. 202, Fax: (905) 592-9691, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: activecontrol.com; Don Hogarth, Hogarth Communications Inc., Tel.: (416) 565-8920, Email: email@example.com