TDK Corporation announces the introduction of the TDK-Lambda SFL Programmable DC Electronic Load Series. This new product introduction is available in four models over two power levels that include 300W (120V-60A, 500V-12A) and 1kW (120V-180A, 500V-36A) and have the capability to operate in four different operating modes with a choice of seven different load modes. This offers the user flexible load current control to simulate many different types of load conditions, thus making them an ideal product for use in the Research, Design and Development of products such as AC/DC & DC/DC converters, Fuel Cells, Batteries and Semiconductor components in the Test & Measurement, Industrial, Aerospace, Renewable, Semiconductor and Medical markets.
Along with the seven different load modes (Constant-Current: CC, Constant-Resistance: CR, Constant-Power: CP, Constant-Voltage: CV, External Control: EXT, Short Circuit: Short, Constant-Voltage with Current Limit: CV+Climit) and four different operating modes (Normal - for DC load operation, Dynamic Time and Dynamic Frequency) – for pulsed load operation, Sequence – for complex waveform generation and Sweep (R, C, and P) – for testing product V/I, OCP or OPP characteristics) the SFL DC Electronic Load Series offers high-speed current control (which eliminates load current overshoot and oscillation), low voltage operation and no turn-On delay with linear operation from 0V.
Other key built-in features/functions include a VMode function (to set load rising/falling operating conditions), a Memory function (which allows the user to store and recall eight (8) different load operation settings), Remote Sense capability (for unit-under-test voltage measurement) and a Trigger (TRIG-OUT) function (for pulsed load waveform or test equipment synchronization).
All models operate from a wide-range single-phase AC Input (85VAC to 264VAC) and have built-in Protection functions that include Current Limit, Power Limit and OTP and Alarms such as OVP and Reverse Connection.
High power parallel DC load systems are achievable using a paralleled Master-Slave unit arrangement along with a parallel cable connection (from unit-to-unit) where up to ten units can be connected in parallel for a maximum load power of 10kW. Multi-Channel Synchronous operation can also be realized which allows multiple DC electronic loads to be connected to separate devices using the same Master-Slave parallel cable connection (from unit-to-unit) for synchronized load ON/OFF and Dynamic operation (up to ten units).
Built-in standard control methods include the local 3.5” color LCD front panel display, the Remote Analog EXT Interface and the Remote Digital USB (2.0) Interface. Optional rear panel Remote Digital Interfaces available are the IEEE (488.1) Interface (with a built-in DIDO Interface for PLC interfacing) along with an optional R (Ripple Noise Measurement) Interface that measures switching/line voltage ripple without the need for an added oscilloscope.
Each 300W model comes in a lightweight 3U Half-Rack profile (14.3lbs / 6.5kg) with the 1kW model being offered in a 3U Full-Rack profile (28.6lbs / 13kg). Both have front and rear panel load terminals, have an easy carry-handle on the side panel and there is a Rack-Mount Kit accessory that allows for either two 300W units to be mounted side-by-side or a single 1kW unit to be mounted stand-alone. Also, with the addition of a Blank Panel, one 300W unit can be full-rack mounted (on the right or left side).
The SFL Programmable DC Electronic Load Series carries a two (2) year warranty and is compliant to IEC/EN 61010-1 for Safety and to EN61326-1: 2013 (Class A) for EMC.
Programmable DC Load for Aerospace, Industrial, Automotive and Semiconductor Test & Measurement Design & Development applications such as:
- AC/DC & DC/DC power supplies
- Fuel Cells
- Semiconductor Components
Main Features and Benefits
- 300W/1kW models (120V-60A or 500V-12A / 120V-180A or 500V-36A)
- High-Speed Current Control (to eliminate load current overshoot and oscillation)
- Low Voltage Operating Capability
- No Turn-On Delay and Linear Operation from 0V
- High Slew Rate capability (up to 30A/us)
- Seven Load Modes (CC, CR, CP, CV, EXT, Short, CV+Climit)
- Four Operating Modes (Normal (DC) Operating Mode, Dynamic (Time) and Dynamic (Frequency) Operating Modes (for single/mutli-pulse load operation), Sequence Mode (for complex load waveform generation) and Sweep Mode (Test Function for V/I, OCP and OPP testing)
- VMode function (to set load rising/falling operating conditions)
- Memory Function (store/recall up to 8 load operational settings)
- Remote Sense feature (remote voltage measurement across test device)
- TRIG OUT function (trigger for scope viewing or synchronization to other equipment)
- Built-In Protection and Alarms: Current Limit, Power Limit and OTP Protection; OVP and Reverse Connection Alarms
- Parallel Operation (up to 10kW; up to 10 units)
- Multi-Channel Synchronous Operation (for separate unit operation – up to ten units)
- Large 3.5” color LCD multi-functional scope-like viewing screen
- Load terminals on front and rear panels (300W and 1kW)
- Bench-top or Rack-Mount capability (300W and 1kW models)
- Front-to-Rear Airflow and Zero-Stacking: 3U Half-Rack (300W) and 3U Full-Rack (1kW)
- Light-weight (< 14.3lbs (6.5kg) - 300W models; < 28.6lbs (13kg) – 1kW models) with easy carry-handle
- Built-In USB (2.0) Digital Programming Interface
- Optional IEEE (488.1) Digital Programming Interface with built-in DIDO Interface (for PLC applications)
- Optional R (Ripple Noise Measurement) Interface (for measuring switching/line voltage ripple – eliminates the need for a separate oscilloscope).
- Safety compliant to IEC/EN61010-1; 3rd Edition
- EMC compliant to EN61326-1:2013 (Class A)
- Two Year Warranty
For more information about the TDK-Lambda 3U Half-Rack/Full-Rack SFL Programmable DC Electronic Load Series, visit the TDK-Lambda Americas website at https://www.us.lambda.tdk.com/products/programmable-loads/sfl.html
Also available is the Cost Effective, General Purpose Genesys TM DC Programmable Power Supply Series which offers Output voltages from 7.5V to 1500V at power levels from 750W to 15kW and the Advanced, High Power Density, Feature-Rich DC Programmable Power Supply Series which offers Output voltages from 10V to 600V at power levels from 1kW to 15kW. Both product lines can be viewed from the TDK-Lambda Americas website at https://www.us.lambda.tdk.com/products/programmable-power/
About TDK Corporation
TDK Corporation is a world leader in electronic solutions for the smart society based in Tokyo, Japan. Built on a foundation of material sciences mastery, TDK welcomes societal transformation by resolutely remaining at the forefront of technological evolution and deliberately “Attracting Tomorrow.” It was established in 1935 to commercialize ferrite, a key material in electronic and magnetic products. TDK's comprehensive, innovation-driven portfolio features passive components such as ceramic, aluminum electrolytic and film capacitors, as well as magnetics, high-frequency, and piezo and protection devices. The product spectrum also includes sensors and sensor systems such as temperature and pressure, magnetic, and MEMS sensors. In addition, TDK provides power supplies and energy devices, magnetic heads and more. These products are marketed under the product brands TDK, EPCOS, InvenSense, Micronas, Tronics and TDK-Lambda. TDK focuses on demanding markets in automotive, industrial and consumer electronics, and information and communication technology. The company has a network of design and manufacturing locations and sales offices in Asia, Europe, and in North and South America. In fiscal 2020, TDK posted total sales of USD 12.5 billion and employed about 107,000 people worldwide.
About TDK-Lambda Corporation
TDK-Lambda Corporation is a trusted, innovative leader and global supplier of highly reliable power conversion products for industrial and medical equipment worldwide. TDK-Lambda Corporation is aligned for fast responses to any customer need with R&D, manufacturing, sales and service locations in five key geographic regions, namely Japan, EMEA, Americas, China and ASEAN.
For more details, please pay a visit to www.jp.lambda.tdk.com/en/
Contact For Media:
Phone: +1 732 795-4148