Press Release Summary:
GAGE-CHECK Series 776 supports 2 outside relays and up to 8 probe/gauging inputs, which can be mathematically combined to display dimensions such as flatness, volume, or runout. Unit offers intuitive visual display, audio cues, and user-defined formulas. Microprocessor enables dynamic min/max measurements, SPC analysis from integrated database, and connectivity to PC. Users can view real-time gauge values such as pass/fail data for critical part dimensions.
Original Press Release:
Versatile, Multi-Axis Amplifiers Have 'Smart' Features for Solving Many Gaging Applications
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS, IMTS '04, Booth No. D-4327 (September 8, 2004) The L.S. Starrett Company has introduced a series of multi-axis gaging amplifiers that accept up to eight probe/gaging inputs and provide numerous math calculations and readout versatility. Called the 776 GAGE-CHEK SERIES, the advanced gage amplifiers are easy-to-use and powerful because they combine straightforward go/no-go hard gaging functions with the powerful capabilities of a microprocessor.
The 776 GAGE-CHEK is "user-friendly" due to its intuitive visual display, helpful audio cues and user-defined formulas. In addition, a sophisticated microprocessor enables dynamic min/max measurements, SPC analysis from an integrated database, and connectivity to PC's, making the 776 a versatile, powerful solution for a wide range of manufacturing applications.
The 776 GAGE-CHEK SERIES offer many features / benefits including:
- Large (4 ¾" x 3 ½") color flat-panel LCD screen is built into a compact, ergonomically designed case with an adjustable tilt base, allowing comfortable viewing positioning for the user.
- Simple, programmable gaging routines and flexible display options make it easy to operate and view.
- Users can view in real-time gage values such as pass/fail data for critical part dimensions or Statistical Process Control (SPC) Charts and histograms. The 776 GAGE-CHEK SERIES also makes helpful audio cues, quickly prompting users of in-process, out-of-tolerance or error situations.
- Supports 1, 4 or 8 input channels that can be mathematically combined to display dimensions such as flatness, volume or runout. Input channels can be used to obtain numerous measurements such as maximum, minimum, TIR and many others for on-the-spot part analysis.
- There are over 40 math and trigonometric functions and operands available. Up to 16 separate values can be output from these formulas, based on single input channels or combinations and comparisons of multiple channels.
- Integrated SPC Database allows storage and retrieval of measurement data, allowing users to check the manufacturing process at each gage and then share information locally or globally.
- Provides up to 8 probe inputs and 2 outside relay outputs, ideal for monitoring out-of-tolerance conditions.
- Supports Starrett LVTD probes and new Heidenhain Specto style 12 and 30mm range digital probes.
- Multiple screens available to show individual readings (with a capacity of showing four lines simultaneously, each line 9/16" high), bar and dial positions, graphs and histograms of measurement statistics, and tables of measurement and SPC data.
- Connectivity to PC's and other peripherals, allowing data download for printouts, reports and other documentation.
- The 776 GAGE CHEK SERIES is offered in 5 configurations from displays with 1, 4, or 8 LVDT inputs, or 4 or 8 Heidenhain Specto inputs.
Since it's founding nearly 125 years ago, The L.S. Starrett Company has earned a reputation as the world's preeminent supplier of precision measuring tools and equipment. For more information about 776 GAGE-CHEK SERIES, please contact The L.S. Starrett Company, 121 Crescent Street, Athol, MA 01331, Tel. 978-249-3551 or Web www.starrett.com.