Press Release Summary:
Model HP MCS G2, designed for data centers with dense computing infrastructure and limited space, can simultaneously cool 2 server racks or concentrate up to 35 kW to cool single rack. Supporting up to 2,000 lb of servers, storage, and blades, system uses 15.8 gpm for max cooling, and features adjustable temperature set point, polycarbonate front door to reduce ambient noise, and automatic door release mechanism.
Original Press Release:
HP Announces Second-Generation Modular Cooling System G2
May 6, 2008
HP unveiled technology that makes data centers more efficient while increasing system reliability with the new Modular Cooling System (MCS) G2, a bi-directional cooling rack.
HP MCS G2 adds to data center computing power and existing cooling infrastructure without adding to the overall heat load. This second generation liquid cooling rack uses innovative bi-directional cooling technology designed for data centers with dense computing infrastructure and limited space. Building upon the technology included in the first generation MCS, the MCS G2 can simultaneously cool two server racks or concentrate up to 35Kilowatt to cool a single rack. MCS G2 significantly reduces the cost to cool a standard rack of IT gear, as well as decreases the amount it costs to cool the maximum amount of ultra dense servers and blades.
Other MCS G2 features include:
- Integration with HP Systems Insight Manager
- A decreased 15.8 Gallons Per Minute (GPM) for max cooling, resulting in lower operational costs
- Expansion rack CTO capable of supporting up to 2000 lbs. of servers, storage and blades
- Adjustable temperature set point
- Polycarbonate front door to considerably reduce ambient noise
- Automatic door release mechanism
- Configurable with servers and storage via HP's Factory Express service
More information on HP's power and cooling technologies and services is available at www.hp.com/go/infrastructure.
Pricing and availability
The HP Modular Cooling System (MCS) G2 has a U.S. Internet List Price starting at $24,499. Various product options are available. Pricing may vary by country or region.
Mr. Ankit Gupta, HP