Model 6255 10A Micro-Ohmmeter uses four-lead Kelvin method of testing.
Press Release Summary:
AEMC’s Model 6255 10A Micro-Ohmmeter is designed for testing resistive and inductive material. Unit offers a measurement range from 1 μΩ to 2500.0 Ω with resolution of 0.1 μΩ. Meter comes with two programmable alarm set points, automatic and manual temperature correction and multi-line electroluminescent display. Unit can store up to 1500 test results and is embedded with DataView® software that enables data storage, real-time display, analysis, and report generation.
Original Press Release:
AEMC® Introduces a NEW 10A Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6255
The 10A Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6255 is a rugged, low resistance tester designed for plant maintenance, quality control, and field use. Utilizing the four-lead Kelvin method of testing, the Model 6255 is one of the most accurate Micro-Ohmmeters available, with 0.05% of accuracy.
Resistance measurements are automatically calculated and displayed, taking into account the measurement value, ambient temperature, reference temperature, and metal temperature co-efficient. Sample temperature can be manually entered by the operator or directly measured by the Model 6255 with an external RTD temperature probe.
The Model 6255 is uniquely designed to conduct tests on both resistive and inductive material, with operator selection directly from the front panel. Three test modes are available; resistive (instantaneous test), inductive (continuous test), and auto (repetative tests). Includes FREE DataView® software for data storage, real-time display, analysis, and report generation.
- Measure from 1μΩ (0.1μΩ resolution) to 2500.0Ω
- Test current selection of 1mA, 10mA, 100mA, 1A, and 10A
- Tests up to 60 minutes at 10A
- RTD temperature probe (optional)
- Selectable metal types
- Automatic and manual temperature correction
- Two programmable alarm set points
- Stores up to 1500 test results
- Selectable inductive or resistive test modes
- Automatic multipe test mode (multiple tests without pressing the test button)
- Large multi-line electroluminescent display
- Internal rechargeable batteries conduct up to 5000 - 10A tests
- Ruggesd, double insulated waterproof case
- Plant maintenance, quality control & field use
- Aerospace metallic coating resistance measurement
- Bonding resistance measurement of motors and transformers
- Bonding verification on earth/ground systems
- Weld joint integrity verification
- Contact resistance measurement of breakers and switchgears
- Aircraft and rail bonding checks
- Wire to terminal connections and resistance checks
- Bettery strap resistance checks
- Cable joint and bus bar connection checks
- Mechamical bond tests