Press Release Summary:
Used for rapid blending of dry powders, granules and pellets, Model 42N-120SS Ribbon Blenders features 120-cu.ft stainless steel construction. Including solid agitator shaft with precision formed ribbons having angled leading edges, device prevents material build-up. With scrapers welded to the spokes and ribbons, updated unit have tolerance 1/8 in. to the end wall. 42N-120SS comes with air-purged mechanical shaft seals and FDA-approved Teflon seal faces.
Original Press Release:
New Features Offered on Ross Ribbon Blenders
New features are being offered on Ross Ribbon Blenders for manufacturers requiring extra precision and efficiency. Ribbon Blenders are used for rapid blending of dry powders, granules, pellets and other solid forms. These machines also mix paste-like materials and solid-liquid suspensions. Materials are blended by a horizontal agitator consisting of inner and outer helical ribbons within a U-shaped trough. The ribbons are precisely pitched to move materials in a well-balanced axial and radial flow pattern.
The pictured Model 42N-120SS, a 120-cu.ft. all-stainless steel Ribbon Blender, is equipped with the following new features:
• Solid agitator shaft with precision formed ribbons having angled leading edges to prevent material build-up.
• Scrapers welded to the spokes and ribbons, having a close tolerance (1/8”) to the end walls. As a standard, trough corners are ‘radiused’ which further eliminates dead space.
• Clear view FDA-approved polycarbonate on the cover and shaft guards. The cover can also include multiple ports for ingredient additions, lights, spray system, venting and vacuum transfer. Operators can safely view the batch and charge raw materials while the agitators are running.
• Air-purged mechanical shaft seals with replaceable FDA-approved Teflon seal faces.
• Pneumatically-operated spherical disc valve which provides a large opening and minimizes dead space. Discharge connections can be customized to perfectly mate with the user’s material handling system.
Ross is the world’s largest manufacturer of Ribbon Blenders with dozens of standard and sanitary models always available from inventory for purchase or rental. For more information, visit www.mixers.com or call 1-800-243-ROSS(7677) to speak with a mixing specialist about your application.
Vice President, Sales
Charles Ross & Son Company
710 Old Willets Path
Toll Free Number: 1-800-243-ROSS