Press Release Summary:
Designed to print receipts and labels, 2 in. PRINTABOUT(2) Series speaks all embedded printing languages including ZPL, CPCL, OPDL, IPL, MPL, E-SIM, EXPL, and TEC. Units provide 4 MB Flash, 8 MB SDRAM, and more than 3,500 printed inches per charge. Printers include 3-track simultaneous read magnetic card reader with indicator for POS applications, and universal connectivity port, which allows connection of external devices such as barcode scanners and signature capture pads.
Original Press Release:
Psion Teklogix Introduces the Industry's Most Lightweight, Rugged Two-Inch Mobile Printers
12-ounce PRINTABOUT(2) mobile receipt and label printers offer enhanced battery life, best-in-class memory size and custom factory configurations
CINCINNATI, Jan. 12 /-- Proving that bigger is not always better, Psion Teklogix (www.psionteklogix.com) today announced the lightest yet rugged two-inch, 12-ounce PRINTABOUT(2) mobile receipt and label printers. The PRINTABOUT(2) series delivers the lightest two-inch mobile thermal printers in the industry, while retaining all the features of larger, heavier mobile printers as part of its PTX Print line of mobile printing solutions. The rugged, compact design and extended battery life of the PRINTABOUT(2) MLP2020 label printer and the MRP2020 receipt printer make them ideal for any retail, warehousing, transportation, public safety, healthcare and field service applications.
PRINTABOUT(2) Series Key Features & Benefits:
- Lightest 2-inch printers in the industry weighing only 12-ounces with the battery
- "Speaks" all embedded printing languages including ZPL, CPCL, OPDL, IPL, MPL, E-SIM, EXPL and TEC
- Durable and reliable, surviving 4 foot drops to concrete (each face) per IEC 68-2
- Complete spectrum of wireless options including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth(R) and IrDA
- Best advanced power management in the industry with more than 3,500 printed inches per charge
- Custom factory configurations save significant time (25 man hours per 100 printers) by eliminating need to manually program printers
- Best-in-class memory size with 4 MB Flash and 8 MB SDRAM
- Universal connectivity port allows connection of external devices such as barcode scanners and signature capture pads
- Flexible mounting options including hand strap, belt loop and shoulder strap mounting
- 3-track simultaneous read magnetic card reader with indicator for POS applications
- Standard full one-year warranty including printhead and battery
Psion Teklogix' PRINTABOUT(2) mobile printers are easily integrated with the company's full line of mobile handheld and vehicle-mounted devices as well as customers' existing solutions. The device works seamlessly with Psion Teklogix NEO and Ikon to meet the demands of light industrial, retail, and supply chain logistics operations.
"The PRINTABOUT(2) series marks a new industry standard for rugged, mobile printers with its longer battery life, ability to speak all the common printer languages and light weight," said Ron Caines, president of worldwide sales, Psion Teklogix. "Our customers can now get all the functionality of larger mobile printers without the added size and weight."
PRINTABOUT(2) is available to ship April 30, 2009. Demo units are available now and customers can place orders for the April shipment.
Find out more about Psion Teklogix' PRINTABOUT(2) solutions by visiting: www.psionteklogix.com/public.aspx?s=us&p=Products&pID=4785
You can also visit Psion Teklogix in booth # 460 at the NRF Convention & Expo taking place January 11-14 in New York City.
About Psion Teklogix, Inc.
Psion Teklogix is a global provider of mobile computing solutions designed to improve business efficiency and productivity for leading enterprises throughout the world. Solutions are built around a range of high-quality, innovative mobile computers designed for tough and demanding environments. Psion Teklogix is a leader in rugged hardware, integration, service and support and in new and emerging technologies including image capture, RFID and biometrics. With over three decades of industry experience, Psion Teklogix has customers in more than 80 countries, and 39 sales and support offices in 23 countries. Psion Teklogix is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada with additional corporate offices located in the United States, Europe and Asia. Psion Teklogix parent company, Psion PLC, is listed on the London Stock Exchange (PON.L). For more information, visit www.psionteklogix.com.