Press Release Summary:
Combining modularity, flexibility, and performance, mSR (miniature square rail) series is comprised of dual square rail guided, linear motor positioners with strokes from 25–500 mm. Models mSR 80 and mSR 100 respectively feature ironcore and ironless center-driven linear motor technologies and have width x height dimensions of 80 x 25 mm and 100 x 25 mm. There are 6 encoder options, which include magnetic incremental, optical incremental, analog sine/cosine, and BiSS-C absolute.
Original Press Release:
Parker Releases a New Line of Miniature Linear Motor Positioners
mSR Series maximizes an application’s design, not its footprint.
Irwin, PA — Parker’s Electromechanical Division North America is pleased to announce the release of the mSR (miniature square rail) positioner. The mSR series of miniature, dual square rail guided, linear motor positioners has been engineered to deliver a combination of modularity, flexibility, and performance in an extremely compact package.
mSR series standard features include:
- Two form factors (mSR 80 - 80 mm wide x 25 mm tall, and mSR 100 - 100 mm wide x 25 mm tall)
- Standard strokes ranging from 25 mm to 500 mm
- Two center driven linear motor technologies (mSR 80 - ironcore, mSR 100 - ironless)
- Six different encoder options:
1. Value priced 1 micron magnetic incremental with integrated home and limit sensing
2. Optical incremental 1 micron resolution with integrated home and limit sensing
3. Optical incremental 0.1 micron resolution with integrated home and limit sensing
4. Optical incremental 0.01 micron resolution with integrated home and limit sensing
5. Analog Sine/Cosine with integrated home and limit sensing
6. BiSS-C Absolute (mSR 100 only)
- mSR 80 XY without the need for transition plates
- mSR 100 XY without the need for transition plates with standard or carriage to carriage orientation
- mSR 80 to 100 XY without the need for transition plates
- Dowel holes for repeatable pinning
The combination of size, high precision, and all the features mentioned above make the mSR the ideal positioned for a number of high tech industries. The mSR’s low profile and high precision make it ideal for life science applications like microscopy or digital pathology. The mSR might also prove ideal in semiconductor metrology applications due to its straightness, flatness, and high precision. The combination of small size, yet high acceleration and speed capacity, also make this a desirable positioner for electronics manufacturing.
For more information on Parker’s new mSR series, please visit www.parkermotion.com/msr
About Parker Electromechanical Automation
A division of Parker Hannifin Corporation's Automation Group since 1987, Electromechanical Automation is a pioneer, developer and manufacturer of full-spectrum computer-based motion controllers, servo/step motor drives, servo motors and human-machine interfaces, positioning systems, gearheads and gear motors. These products automate the manufacturing of a significant fraction of the world’s goods and services. Electromechanical Automation products are sold via independent authorized Automation Technology Centers—a group of nearly 100 professional, highly trained organizations with more than 135 points-of-presence throughout the world—or directly from Electromechanical Automation by logging on to buy.compumotor.com. An informative and up-to-date Web site with downloadable libraries, tutorials, and background information on motion control and automation is located at www.parkermotion.com.
About Parker Hannifin
With annual sales exceeding $13 billion in fiscal year 2014, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineering solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company employs approximately 57,500 people in 50 countries around the world. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity’s biggest challenges. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.parker.com/aboutus.