Press Release Summary:
When running on LA-200 Location Appliance(TM), Newbury Active Asset(TM) v4.0 provides users with real-time, point-of-need information to optimize asset allocation and employee productivity. Scalable solution is used to ensure patient safety, improve levels of care, and realize operating cost efficiencies. Featuring life-cycle management with extensible data model, software can instantly locate and track people, equipment, vehicles, and Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
Original Press Release:
Trapeze Networks Announces Newbury Active Asset 4.0, WLAN Asset Tracking and Management
PLEASANTON, California, April 6 --
- Increased Patient Safety, Better Care, Improved Efficiencies
Trapeze Networks (NYSE: BDC) is debuting Newbury Active Asset(TM) 4.0 at the HIMSS conference, the most important healthcare/information technology conference in North America. Healthcare organizations use Newbury Active Asset to ensure patient safety, improve levels of care and realize operating cost efficiencies.
Trapeze Networks will demonstrate the new capabilities of Newbury Active Asset 4.0 in booth #2476 at this week's HIMSS '09 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Chicago. The new software, when running on the Trapeze Networks' LA-200 Location Appliance(TM), arms doctors and other healthcare professionals with critical, real-time, point-of-need information that improves asset allocation and maximizes employee productivity.
"Healthcare is adopting real time location services at a very rapid pace and for all the right reasons," said Michael Maggio, general manager of Newbury products for Trapeze Networks. "Business users in clinical departments rely on asset tracking solutions alerting them to critical, life-threatening situations. Active Asset's breakthrough capabilities in user interface design, location-based alerts and enterprise scalability help these healthcare organizations meet their business and quality care demands head on."
I know it's in here somewhere...
"Not having to spend hours locating temporarily stored beds, portable drips and other equipment will save our technical services department a great deal of time every day," said Bob Engels, IT infrastructure and support manager, Onze Lieve Vrouwziekenhuis Hospital, Aalst, Belgium. "Newbury Active Asset supports these challenges so we can spend more time providing quality medical care to our patients."
Newbury Active Asset 4.0 delivers these capabilities and benefits:
- Rapid Real-Time Location Services - Newbury Active Asset 4.0 instantly locates and tracks people, equipment, vehicles, and Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as laptops or smart phones and PDAs.
- Interactive Asset View - Healthcare personnel use Active Asset 4.0's graphical console showing the activity, location and status of assets, moving or stationary.
- Extensible Asset Life-Cycle Management - Newbury Active Asset 4.0 can distinguish between different types of assets - people, equipment, etc. - through a configurable, extensible data model.
- Timely Alerts and Events - Newbury Active Asset 4.0 can alert healthcare staff when people and/or equipment enters or exits any designated area, including its immediate location.
- Powerful System Level Integration and APIs - Extensible and programmable APIs mean that Newbury Active Asset 4.0 and the Trapeze Networks' LA-200 Location Appliance(TM) seamlessly integrates with 3Com, Cisco, Enterasys, Meru, Nortel, and Motorola (Symbol) network infrastructures. And, because the APIs are all well-documented, IT staff can write customized scripts and programs connecting to other enterprise applications and databases.
- Unmatched Scalability and Performance - Active Asset 4.0 can handle real-time tracking of thousands of assets and devices across multiple locations in an enterprise setting.
Pricing and Availability
Newbury Active Asset 4.0 software license pricing starts at US$14,995 for managing up to 50 tracked assets. It will be available to all Trapeze channel partners, VARs and customers in 30 days.
About Trapeze Networks
Trapeze Networks, a Belden Brand, is a leader in enterprise wireless LAN equipment and management software. Trapeze was the first company to introduce NonStop Wireless - delivering unmatched reliability to the enterprise wireless LAN, and its solutions are optimized for companies requiring mobility and high bandwidth such as healthcare, education, and hospitality.
Trapeze delivers Smart Mobile(TM) providing scalable wireless LANs for applications such as Voice over Wi-Fi, location services, and indoor/outdoor connectivity.
Karin Bakis of Bakis Communications, +1-978-758-3546, firstname.lastname@example.org, for Trapeze Networks; or Chuck Conley of Trapeze Networks, +1-617-867-7124, email@example.com