MAX30101 enables users to measure stress levels and arterial aging
SAN JOSE, Calif. and TOKYO, March 5, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM) today announced that its MAX30101 heart-rate sensor is integrated into the new Raku Raku Smartphone F-01L from Fujitsu Connected Technologies Limited. The smartphone, which measures heart rate and sleep patterns, can be used for applications such as pedometers. With the MAX30101, the smartphone can also measure stress levels and arterial aging (the aging of blood vessels). A popular series for seniors, the Raku Raku Smartphone F-01L has been designed so that even those who are using a smartphone for the first time can use it comfortably.
- Details about MAX30101: www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX30101
- Block diagram: http://bit.ly/MAX30101_Block_Diagram
The MAX30101 enables accurate measurements of vital signs using sophisticated algorithms[*] produced by Fujitsu Connected Technologies. It is part of Maxim's family of biosensor products for health-related use cases. By integrating various functions, the module provides a complete system solution to ease the design-in process for mobile and wearable devices. In addition, it operates on a single 1.8V power supply and a separate 5.0V power supply for the internal LEDs. The module can be shut down through software with near-zero standby current, allowing the power rails to remain powered at all times. Communication is through a standard I2C-compatible interface, and it operates over the -40-degree Celsius to +85-degree Celsius temperature range.
[*] Algorithms integrated into F-01L enable heart-rate monitoring only; pulse oximetry is not enabled
MAX30101 Key Advantages
- Small Size: Available in a tiny (5.6mm × 3.3mm × 1.55mm) 14-pin optical module
- Low Power: Programmable sample rate and LED current provide ultra-low-power operation for mobile devices (< 1mW) and ultra-low shutdown current (0.7μA, typical)
- Ease of Design: Easy implementation due to the integration of internal LEDs, photodetectors, optical elements and low-noise electronics with ambient light rejection
- "It is our great pleasure to have our Raku Raku Smartphone F-01L equipped with the MAX30101," said Naohide Kushige, deputy head of Business Unit and general manager of Product Division at Fujitsu Connected Technologies Limited. "This adoption has enabled the acquisition of new vital-sign data, leading to further improvement of applications in the Raku Raku Smartphone F-01L to support users' health. We expect it to make people more conscious about health and help them lead a healthier life."
- "The adoption of the MAX30101 into this popular smartphone is a significant step toward extending important vital-sign measurement functions to a wider population," said Andrew Baker, managing director, Industrial and Healthcare Business Unit at Maxim Integrated. "By empowering smartphone users with mobile access to healthcare data, our technology is enabling a healthier world."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX30101 is available at Maxim's website for $4.08 (1000-up, FOB USA); also available from authorized distributors
About Fujitsu Connected Technologies Limited
Fujitsu Connected Technologies Limited, founded in February 2016, was derived from the mobile phone business of Fujitsu Limited. As a leader in connected technology, we are enabling a future for people to lead a healthier and more comfortable lifestyle. For more details, please visit http://www.fujitsu.com/jp/group/fcnt/about/.
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.