Motorola protects multi-device streaming of Massillon Cable's digital entertainment
HORSHAM, Pa.- Independent cable innovator, Massillon Cable, based in Ohio, USA, has selected Medios SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE(TM) HLS+ from Motorola Mobility to securely deliver its premium content across devices such as smartphones and tablets. Massillon Cable customers will have access to thousands of titles - including the best of Hollywood and broadcast entertainment - on a multitude of devices, thanks to Motorola's standards-based, studio-approved streaming technology.
"The growth in multi-screen is challenging service providers to deliver their content simply and securely to any device," said John Burke, senior vice president and general manager, Converged Solutions, Motorola Mobility, LLC. "With Motorola's Medios SecureMedia, Massillon Cable will be able to give their customers the premium content they crave, on multiple devices, while meeting content providers' stringent standards for security."
SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+, the digital security component of the Motorola Medios Video Solution portfolio, lets Massillon Cable receive, transcode and securely deliver live and on-demand content to mobile devices via standard HTTP methods and infrastructure. The solution supports a wide range of devices and platforms including iOS and Android smartphones and tablets.
"Motorola is a recognized leader in innovative content security solutions, so they were the natural choice to support our multi-device needs," said David Hoffer, COO at Massillon Cable. "With Medios SecureMedia, we can streamline our content delivery process, securely deliver over-the-top services and continue to provide our customers with the quality content that they expect from Massillon Cable."
Medios SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+ will be available for Massillon Cable subscribers on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets by the end of the year.
About Motorola Medios SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+:
· It is the adaptive streaming and content security component in the award-winning Motorola Medios multi-screen service management software suite
· Internationally approved by all Hollywood studios and network broadcasters
· Supports a wide range of devices and platforms, including Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iPad®/iPhone®/ iPod® Touch devices (iOS), PC and Mac (OS X), game consoles, Internet-connected TVs from Samsung and others, Blu-ray Disc(TM) players, and today's popular eReaders
· Leverages the rapid adoption of Apple HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) protocol to help service providers rapidly and effectively extend secure linear and on-demand content delivery to connected devices beyond the service provider's managed network and the subscriber's home
· Enables more rapid deployment of premium over-the-top (OTT) services while simultaneously enables cost savings on operational expenditures
· Received the coveted Broadband Technology Report (BTR) Diamond Reviews Elite Rating of 4.5 out of 5, with BTR noting that: one platform takes the heavy lifting off the hands of the operators through its ability to encode and encrypt content once for delivery to multiple devices
· Also recently won the 2012 IP&TV Industry Award for "Best Rights and Asset Management Solution Video Content Protection and the 2012 InfoVision Award for "Asia Broadband Innovation of the Year"
Motorola will showcase Medios SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+ as part of its smart, simple multi-screen platform that integrates innovative technologies across the cloud, the network and the home. For more on Motorola Mobility @ the SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, please visit our virtual press center or stop by the Motorola Booth #2812.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
SOURCE Motorola Mobility