Makita opens annual STAFDA show in Nashville with debut of over 25 new tools and power equipment
NOVEMBER 11, 2019 – Nashville, TN – Makita U.S.A., Inc. opened the 2019 STAFDA Trade Show with over 25 new tool and power equipment releases, giving users more ways to cut the cord and ditch the gas can.
Makita is exhibiting at the annual Specialty Tools & Fasteners Distributors Association (STAFDA) trade show with a big range of new releases that includes new cordless backpack vacuums with more capacity, powerful new lighting solutions, three new air compressors engineered for quiet operation, a new cordless concrete power cutter, and many more. Releases include additions to the LXT® System, the world’s largest compatible lithium-ion system.
On the Way to 250 in 2020
“LXT, the industry’s leading cordless system for the professional trades, currently has over 225 products that are meeting the demands of users across a wide range of applications,” said Brent Withey, vice president marketing, brand, Makita U.S.A. “Makita’s focus is on innovation and new technology with tools and equipment that make life better for professional users. The new products we’re announcing at STAFDA will further drive the growth of the LXT System to over 250 products in 2020.”
Over 25 new releases are on display at the booth, including those featured below. All items are coming soon in early- to mid-2020 unless otherwise noted.
CORDLESS CONCRETE CUTTING AND SCRAPING: Makita has a broad system of concrete solutions, with a range of dust extraction solutions to match. Makita announced two new products for cutting and scraping concrete, without the hassles of a cord.
- XEC01 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 9" Power Cutter (coming soon) For concrete cutting, the new XEC01 eliminates the hassles of gas with lower noise, reduced maintenance, and immediate starts. With zero emissions, the XEC01 is ideal for use in indoor environments. The integrated water delivery system with water flow adjustment knob continuously feeds water for OSHA Table 1 Compliance in concrete cutting applications. One System. Endless Possibilities: With 225+ products and more on the way, LXT is the world’s largest compatible lithium-ion system. This week at the STAFDA trade show Makita announced over 25 new tool and power equipment releases.
- XKH01 18V LXT® Brushless AVT® Power Scraper, accepts SDS-PLUS (coming soon) The XKH01 is a new cordless solution for light duty chipping applications with 0-3,200 BPM, 2.2 ft.lbs. of impact energy and Constant Speed Control for consistent performance. It’s equipped with Makita’s exclusive Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) for reduced vibration.
SOUND AND VISION: Makita is expanding its line of cordless and corded lighting solutions with four powerful solutions, as well as a new Job Site Radio.
- DML809 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Corded/Cordless Work Light (coming soon) The new DML809 is powered by two 18V batteries, provides a full 10,000 lumens on high setting, and up to 7.5 hours of illumination on the low setting using two 5.0Ah batteries (sold separately). It’s dust and water resistant (IP65 rated), and for added versatility can be mounted on optional tripod light stand individually or with two lights.
- DML810 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Cordless Upright L.E.D. Area Light (coming soon) The DML810 has a self-righting design that keeps it in the upright position. It provides 5,500 lumens on high setting and has 3 range modes: 360 degrees, left 180 degrees, and right 180 degrees. For maximum versatility it offers corded or cordless operation (includes AC power cord), and users can chain multiple lights together with the on-board AC inlet and outlet.
- DML811 18V LXT® Corded/Cordless Work Light (coming soon) Corded or cordless, the new DML811 provides up to 3,000 lumens on the high setting for improved visibility. One 18V 6.0Ah battery will provide up to 13 hours of continuous illumination on the low setting. It’s also engineered for improved resistance to dust and water, and it’s IP65 rated. Light can be mounted on optional tripod light to stand individually or with two lights.
- DML812 18V LXT® Cordless L.E.D. Flashlight/Spotlight (coming soon) This hand-held lighting solution offers 4-mode operation (Spot, Flood, Spot/Flood, and Strobe), and up to seven hours of illumination when using one 5.0Ah battery. It will illuminate up to 700 yards in Spot and Spot/Flood modes.
- XRM10B 18V LXT® Cordless Bluetooth® Job Site Radio Charger (coming soon) The new XRM10B makes it easy to bring rich sound to the job site with Bluetooth® and MP3 compatibility. It also has battery charging capability.
MORE PNEUMATICS SOLUTIONS, LESS NOISE: Makita is extending its pneumatic range with three new air compressors engineered for quieter operation, as well as a powerful new 2” Brad Nailer.
- MAC100Q 1/2 HP, 1 Gallon Compact, Oil-Free, Electric Air Compressor (coming soon) The MAC100Q is one of three new Quiet Series Air Compressors that combine lower noise (only 58dB) with efficient operation (.7 CFM at 90 PSI). Ideal for indoor work or in occupied spaces.
- MAC210Q 1 HP, 2 Gallon Oil-Free, Electric Air Compressor (coming soon) The MAC210Q is one of three new Quiet Series Air Compressors that combine lower noise (only 60 dB) with efficient operation (2 CFM at 90 PSI). Ideal for indoor work or in occupied spaces.
- MAC320Q 1-1/2 HP, 3 Gallon Oil-Free, Electric Air Compressor (coming soon) The MAC320Q is one of three new Quiet Series Air Compressors that combine lower noise (only 60 dB) with efficient operation (2.6 CFM at 90 PSI). Ideal for indoor work or in occupied spaces.
- AF506 2" Brad Nailer, 18 Gauge (coming soon) The AF506 has a narrow nose for easy access in confined areas, and a powerful motor for driving 5/8” to 2” brad nails into hard and soft woods. The aluminum body combines durability with less weight (only 2.9 lbs.).
NEW CORDLESS OPE: SHAFTED PRODUCTS: Makita is giving landscapers more cordless options with two new shafted products that deliver the performance of gas-powered products.
- XRU18 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless String Trimmer (coming soon) The new XRU18 has a full 17” cutting swath and an efficient brushless motor that delivers the power equivalent to a 30cc gas string trimmer. The Automatic Torque Drive mode automatically shifts RPM for extended run time or added power
- XAU02 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 10" Telescoping Pole Saw (coming soon) For trimming applications, the XAU02 combines extended reach with the power equivalent to a 30cc gas pole saw. Users of gas equipment will appreciate the reduced weight of this cordless pole saw over top gas-powered models.
NEW CORDLESS OPE: BLOWERS AND CHAIN SAWS: Makita has over 100 years of motor engineering experience, over 90 years in gas equipment, and over 40 years in cordless innovation. This legacy is at work inside an expanding range of cordless OPE, including chain saws and blowers.
- XCU08 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 14" Top Handle Chain Saw (available now) Makita has the industry’s most complete range of cordless chain saws. The line includes top handle models which are preferred by tree care pro’s and utility industries. The new XCU08 has an Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with a direct-drive system that provides the power equivalent to a 30cc gas chain saw. The result: cuts up to 25% faster than comparable gas models.
- XBU04 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless Blower (coming soon) The versatile XBU04 is a 3-in-1 clean-up solution with blowing, vacuum and mulching functions. The fabric bag attaches for easy conversion from vacuum to blower. It has an efficient brushless motor that delivers up to 472 CFM and 120 MPH.
- XBU03 18V LXT® Brushless Blower (available now) The new XBU03 (right) is the lightest and most powerful blower in its class. Powered by one 18V LXT battery, it weighs only 6.5 lbs. and delivers 459 CFM/116 MPH for superior power-to-weight ratio and fast clean-ups.
NEW CORDLESS OPE: MOWERS: There is increasing resistance to the noise and emissions of gaspowered equipment, and Makita’s expanding range of cordless landscaping solutions now includes four powerful lawn mowers with a range of feature sets.
- XML08 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 21" Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (coming soon) The new XML08 has an on-board 4 bay battery system for extended run time: when the first two batteries are depleted, the user simply turns a switch to use the other pair of batteries in the battery bay and continue mowing. It’s self-propelled and has a commercial grade steel deck for added durability. (Also available as a push mower, model XML07).
- XML06 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 18" Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (coming soon) The new XML06 has the same feature set as the 21” XML08, but with an 18” blade. The onboard 4 bay battery system provides extended run time, is self-propelled, and has a commercial grade steel deck for added durability. (Also available as a push mower, model XML03).
NEW POWER SOURCE: The new Makita Backpack Battery Power Source is the solution for extended cordless run time.
- PDC01 LXT® & LXT® X2 (36V) Portable Backpack Power Supply (coming soon) The backpack utilizes four Lithium-Ion batteries to provide longer run time for LXT and LXT X2 (36V) tools. Users get 4X the run time with LXT 18V products, and 2X the run time with LXT 18V X2 (36V) products. It includes (1) adapter for use with 18V X2 (36V) products (adapter for use with 18V LXT tools sold separately).
NEW CORDLESS CLEANING & DUST EXTRACTION: Whether it’s construction or janitorial/sanitation, Makita has more cordless vacuums and dust extraction solutions. Here are two new cordless backpack vacuum/dust extractors with increased capacity, and more.
- XCV17 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 1.6 Gal. HEPA Backpack Dry Vacuum (coming soon) The new XCV17 combines performance and more capacity with lower weight for efficient mobile cleaning. It’s powered by two 18V batteries for up to 139 minutes of continuous operation (normal setting), has a full 1.6 gallon capacity, and weighs only 15 lbs. with batteries. It includes floor wands/attachments, so it’s ideal for janitorial/sanitation applications.
- XCV18 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 1.6 Gal. HEPA Backpack Dry Dust Extractor, AWS Capable (coming soon) The OSHA silica standard has increased awareness of dust extraction, and Makita has more cordless solutions to get compliant. The new XCV18 gives contractors the mobility of cordless, with more capacity (1.6 gal) than the previous model. The filter cleaning mechanism is OSHA compliant, so it’s an ideal for use with a rotary hammer and a compliant dust extraction attachment.
NEW SOLUTIONS FOR FRAMERS AND CARPENTERS: Makita has a long legacy of woodworking tools, and here are two new solutions for planing, cutting and demolition.
- XPK02 18V LXT® Brushless 3-1/4” Planer (coming soon) 1958 marked the release of Makita’s first power tool, a portable electric planer. In 2020 Makita will expand its range of corded and cordless planers with a new brushless 3-1/4” Planer. The XPK02 is powered by an efficient brushless motor for increased power, speed and run time over non-brushless models.
- JR3051T 12 AMP Recipro Saw (coming soon) Makita is giving contractors one more option for cutting and demolition applications with the new JR3051T Recipro Saw. It’s powered by a 12 AMP motor, delivers up to 3,000 strokes per minute, and has a longer 1-3/16” stroke for faster cutting.
NEW CORDLESS SOLUTIONS FOR CONSTRUCTION AND ASSEMBLY: Makita provides powerful, accurate, and ergonomic solutions with LXT® Cordless Power Tools. Here are new tools that provide flexibility and increased efficiency for manufacturing and assembly demands.
- XVR01 and XVR02 18V LXT® Brushless Rivet Tools (available now) The new XVR01 (right) installs rivets up to 3/16” and features a 25mm stroke that sets most rivets in one stroke. The XVR02 installs rivets up to 1/4” and features a 30mm stroke. Both are capable of pulling aluminum, steel and stainless steel rivets.
- XPG01 18V LXT® Grease Gun (coming soon) The XPG01 has a full 10,000 PSI of Max Pressure, with two speed modes. Added features include a variable speed trigger, and lock-on button.
- XPP01 18V LXT® 5/16” Hole Puncher (coming soon) The XPP01 allows for fast hole punching in thick steel without the hassles of a cord. It punches up to 180 25/32” diameter holes in 15/64” thick steel when using one 5.0Ah LXT battery. The adjustable depth guide allows for punching up to 40mm from the edge of the workpiece.
NEW METALWORKING SOLUTIONS: Makita has over 30 corded and cordless grinders, with motor protection features for longer performance life and more feature sets for contractor demands.
- GA5052 4-1/2" / 5" Paddle Switch Angle Grinder, with AC/DC Switch (coming soon) The 11 AMP GA5052 Grinder has a large no lock-on paddle switch, with two-stage power lockoff switch to start the grinder. The motor is protected by a labyrinth construction that is engineered to seal and protect from dust and debris. Features an AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source.
- GA5053R 4-1/2" / 5" Paddle Switch Angle Grinder (coming soon) The 11 AMP GA5053R Grinder has the same performance and motor protection features as model GA5052 but features a non-removable guard that is permanently attached and can be quickly adjusted.
For more information on upcoming releases, please visit makitatools.com
About Makita U.S.A.
Makita is a worldwide manufacturer of industrial power tools, pneumatics and power equipment, and offers a wide range of industrial accessories. Makita U.S.A., Inc. is located in La Mirada, California, and operates an extensive distribution network throughout the U.S. Call 800/4-MAKITA or visit makitatools.com. Find Makita on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube @makitatools
(714) 522-8088 x4410
(714) 522-8088 x 4401