Press Release Summary:
Pneumatically controlled magnetic gripper is suited for integration within electronics-free environments, often found in sheet forming plant, and is compatible with FIPA gripper construction kit. Product keeps work piece in place, even when compressed air supply is lost, and design ensure secure handling of flat, ferromagnetic work pieces with and without boreholes or cutouts. Optional PNP and NPN magnetic sensors are available to monitor piston position.
Original Press Release:
Electrically & Pneumatically Controlled Magnetic Grippers
Flexible solution handling metal sheets and other ferromagnetic work pieces
CARY, North Carolina – Strong holding force, easy system integration: FIPA now offers a pneumatically controlled magnetic gripper in addition to its already popular electrically controlled version.
"Leading the industry into the next generation of EOAT and vacuum technology is what FIPA is known for. With this new product we are the only provider of two distinct gripper solutions for handling metal sheets and other ferromagnetic work pieces," says FIPA President and Owner Rainer Mehrer.
In an electronics-free environment, often found in sheet forming plants, pneumatically controlled magnetic grippers can be easily integrated. On the other hand, the electrically controlled version is particularly useful when very thin ferromagnetic sheet parts or alloyed work pieces are to be handled. Both magnetic grippers are compatible with the FIPA gripper construction kit and can be easily integrated into gripper systems.
Pneumatically Controlled Magnetic Grippers at a Glance:
• High Process Reliability: High holding force. Keeps work piece in place, even when compressed air supply is lost.
• Large Area of Application: Secure handling of flat, ferromagnetic work pieces with and without boreholes or cutouts.
• High Holding Force: Up to 70% greater than in comparable pneumatic grippers.
• Parts Monitoring: Optional PNP and NPN magnetic sensors available to monitor piston position.
Electrically Controlled Magnetic Grippers at a Glance:
• High Process Reliability: Keeps work piece in place, even when power supply is lost.
• Simple Installation: No hoses, can work without a vacuum or compressed air supply.
• Large Area of Application: Secure handling, even for very thin, alloyed metal sheets.
• Fast Cycle Times: Thanks to compensation for the residual magnetism, work piece does not stick when depositing.
• Energy-Saving Operation: Thanks to permanent magnets, gripper needs to draw energy only briefly when releasing work piece.
FIPA Inc. was founded in 2006 as a fully owned subsidiary of FIPA GmbH. As an international company in the fields of vacuum technology and gripper systems, FIPA specializes in the development and distribution of quality products and innovative system solutions for material flow. Founded in 1985, FIPA GmbH¡¦s headquarter is in Ismaning (Munich), Germany. The company has registered continuous growth over the years. For comprehensive information and the latest news, please visit FIPA.com.