Press Release Summary:
Capable of >800 gpm flows, UC3158 and UC438 are ANSI dimensional ETFE-lined mag drive centrifugal pumps with single shot inner drive and 2-piece, dynamically balanced outer drive with multiple pole options. KevlarÂ®-reinforced barrier reduces air gap, which maximizes magnetic power and allows max working pressure to 300 psi. Radial load is controlled with modified concentric volute (UC3158) or partial splitter (UC438), and both models feature Vapor Protection Package and axial o-ring.
Original Press Release:
New UC3158 and UC438 Released for Sale
Finish Thompson is pleased to announce the release of the latest additions to our popular UC Series ANSI dimensional ETFE lined mag drive centrifugal pumps.
The UC3158 and UC438 greatly expand our capabilities expanding flows to over 800 GPM (182 m3/hr). Both pump sizes have been extensively beta tested for months in demanding, real world applications and have pumped many millions of gallons of highly corrosive fluids.
What is the best news? These pumps and replacement parts are aggressively priced to allow distributors to offer their customers the lowest cost of ownership possible and win orders.
The pumps are loaded with features including:
• Single shot inner drive eliminates fillet welding improving reliability and appearance.
• Two-piece dynamically balanced outer drive with multiple pole options matches drive to motor power reducing cost.
• Easy Set Outer Drive eliminates the need to measure and ensures a perfectly set magnet set improving reliability.
• Kevlar-reinforced barrier reduces air gap maximizing magnetic power and allows maximum working pressure to be increased to 300 psi (20.7 bar).
• Radial load is controlled with a modified concentric volute (UC3158) or a partial splitter (UC438).
• Vapor Protection Package seals the outer drive/motor face from corrosive environments reducing the chances of corrosion of both the outer drive, motor face and the front motor bearing.
• A new motor adapter design eliminates the need for heavy and costly motor adapter flanges.
• Suction/discharge flange options include ANSI 150, ANSI 300 and ISO PN 40 providing installation flexibility.
• The axial o-ring reduces the chance of a pinched or rolled o-ring.
• Bronze bump ring option and ATEX compliance allow the pumps to be used in hazardous environments and applications.
• A bearing frame option is available for customers who prefer a long-coupled pump arrangement
These are just the first of our expanded UC offering. We are hard at work with additional sizes. So watch for more exciting news in the coming months.