February 07, 2020 - Lindberg/MPH announced the shipment of a gas fired nitriding pit furnace with built-in retort to the welding industry. This pit furnace is designed for single and two stage nitriding processes and post-oxidation applications. The design accepts either one-piece work baskets or retort baffle or nest trays. The gross load capacity is 5,000 lbs. at 1200°F and the furnace chamber has a diameter of 38” and is 90” tall. The furnace is designed to produce laminar air flow to obtain the required +/- 15°F temperature uniformity.
The nitriding gas flow control system is a fully integrated nitrogen/ammonia mixing system designed specifically for two stage nitriding operation. This system includes fully automatic recipe control with a unique profile-based recipe screens that make it simple to understand and program. The touchscreen display interface includes a paperless chart recorder that data logs the critical furnace parameters for quality control.
“This pit furnace is similar to a past order but altered to the customer’s exact specifications. The control system is a complete automated nitriding system that regulates temperature, time and atmosphere for the entire cycle.”
- Jason Dobberstein, Senior Applications Engineer
Unique features of this Gas Fired Nitriding Pit Furnace include:
- "Armor plate" alloy lined steel shell
- Fabricated Inconel 600 alloy retort
- Pneumatically operated cover lift with a 3-way hand control valve
- Forced cooling system
- Lindberg Model combination gas fired Ammonia Dissociator
- Electrically latched, manual reset valve
- Direct logic PLC controller
- Combustion air blower
- Exclusive 3-Year Warranty