Press Release Summary:
Comprising bag leak detectors, emission monitors, and solids flow monitors, TRIBO.dsp U3000 series measures particulate/dust emissions and dry solids flow. Core technology, TRIBO.dsp, unifies DC impaction (triboelectric) and AC induction electrostatic signals for optimal accuracy, reliability, and repeatability. Signals can be used to activate operational functions, such as alarms and relays, or generate continuous 4–20 mA or digital signals for trending/recording.
Original Press Release:
Auburn Systems Introduces the Newest TRIBO.dsp U3000 Series of Bag Leak Detectors and Solids Flow Monitors
Auburn’s TRIBO.dsp U3000 series of electrostatic/triboelectric (TRIBO) bag leak detectors, emission monitors and solids flow monitors effectively measure particulate and dust emissions, and dry solids flow in the power/utility industry. The proprietary core technology, TRIBO.dsp, unifies DC impaction (triboelectric) and AC induction electrostatic signals for superior accuracy, reliability, and repeatability:
• Monitors the emissions of baghouses or ESP’s on coal fired boilers or FGD systems
• Helps optimize the ESP by monitoring particulate flow and helping plant determine how best to economize Power consumption, thus offering enormous cost savings
• Monitors the emissions of fly ash conveying systems and baghouses
• Verifies the injection of activated carbon or lime into the flue gas stream
• Indicates quick location of the leak for rapid response, eliminating labor expense and avoiding excursions
• Detects very early warning of particulate emissions, allowing for proactive maintenance and scheduling before reaching high (excursion) level alarms
TRIBO.dsp’s Working Principal:
As dust particles collide with, or closely pass by a probe, charge transfers occur. Tribo.dsp series products detect the signal created by the changes in particulate concentration, as in the onset of a bag leak or an increase or decrease in flow. Unlike monitors that use only the DC or only the AC induction signals, thereby using only a portion of the complete electrostatic signal, TRIBO.dsp unified 3000 series combines the benefits of each method, providing the user with a superior reliable and repeatable signal, with electrical interference resistance - even in harsh industrial environments. They can activate operational functions such as alarms and relays or can generate continuous 4-20 mA or digital signals for trending and recording purposes.
For more information, please contact:
Earl Parker, VP Sales
About Auburn Systems LLC:
Auburn was the first company to introduce electrostatic/triboelectric (TRIBO) bag leak detectors and solids flow monitors to monitor and measure dust, powders, and bulk solids for environmental and process control applications. The company remains the leading supplier of bag leak detection systems with more than 45,000 systems operating in the field at more than 5,000 diverse materials processing plants, world-wide. www.auburnsys.com.