Press Release Summary:
While operators need to check oil level and add it as necessary as well as keep up withÂ regular scheduled maintenance, EXi Series never requires oil change. This engine, available on several lawn mowers, starts withinÂ 2 pulls and incorporates starting system (ReadyStartÂ®) that does not require any priming or choking. WhileÂ air filter that does not require any tools to change further facilitates maintenance, fuel neck is angled toward operator and sized toÂ aid fueling.
Original Press Release:
New Briggs & Stratton Lawn Mower Engine First to Eliminate Messy Oil Changes
SIMPLY "JUST CHECK AND ADD(TM)" AS PART OF ROUTINE MAINTENANCE
MILWAUKEE -- Homeowners can thank the engine experts at Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG) for making yearly oil changes on lawn mowers a thing of the past. With improved air cleaner seals, cooler engine temperatures, and high-precision manufacturing along with regular scheduled maintenance, the company's new EXi Series lawn mower engine is the first that never needs an oil change. While the EXi Engine requires that consumers need to only check the oil level and add as necessary, regular scheduled maintenance must still be performed.* Typically, it is recommended to change the oil in your small engine every 50 hours of operation.
The Briggs and Stratton EXi Engine Series is available on the following mowers that range in price from $250 to $400:
1. Brute(®) 21" Gas Push Mower, model #11A-A0A9778, Brute 21" Front Wheel Drive, 2-n-1 Self-Propelled Mower, model #12A-A0A9778, and Brute 21" Self-Propelled Walk Mower with High Rear Wheels, model #12A-B2A3778Available at Menard's
2. Craftsman(®) Rear Bag Push Mower, model #37237, and Craftsman Front Wheel Drive Self-propelled Mower, model #37710Available at Sears
3. Husqvarna(® )High Wheel, All-Wheel Drive, Self-Propeller Walk Lawn Mower, model #HU725AWDHAvailable at Regional Retailers and Husqvarna Dealers
4. Snapper(®) 21" Self-Propelled Mower 3-N-1, SP70 Model#12A-A2A1707, andSnapper 21" Self-Propelled Mower 3-N-1 with Rear High Wheels, SP80 Model#12A-VB2A2707Available at Walmart
5. Toro(®) 22" Recycler(®) All-Wheel Drive Personal Pace(®) Mower, model #20353, Available at authorized Toro dealers and The Home Depot
6. Troy-Bilt(®) Front Wheel Drive Self-Propelled, model #12AVB2A3711, Available at LowesTroy-Bilt TriAction(®) 21" Low Wheel, Variable Speed Self-Propelled Mower, model #TB330, Troy-Bilt TriAction 21" High Wheel, MyStride Self-Propelled Mower, model # TB370Available at Regional and Independent Retailers
7. Yard Machines(®), 21", High Wheel, 3-in-1 Push Mower, model # 11A-B9A9729Available at The Home Depot
Additional features on the EXi Engine include the Briggs and Stratton Starting Promise**, which promises that your engine "will start in two pulls or we'll fix it free" and the ReadyStart(®) starting system that requires no priming or choking-just pull for power. The EXi Engine is also the lightest in its class making it easy to maneuver. Other regular maintenance is simpler with an air filter that requires no tools to change and a larger fuel neck that is angled toward the operator making adding fuel easier.
"We designed this engine because our consumer research says that while people understand the importance of changing oil as routine maintenance, they don't necessarily do it," says Carissa Gingras, marketing director for consumer engines and service at Briggs & Stratton. "Our engineers figured out a way to keep the oil cool and clean, two important factors of extending the life of the oil, and we are able to pass the benefits of easy maintenance on to consumers."
The EXi Engine is made in the USA of U.S. and global parts at the Briggs & Stratton Poplar Bluff, Mo. plant. It will become standard across all OEM partners and mower lines, phasing out the company's current 675 and 725 ex series engines over the next couple of years. For more information visit: www.briggsandstratton.com.
*To learn more, go to www.justcheckandadd.com or see complete details in the Operators Manual.
**For more details, visit http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/starting-promise
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of portable generators and pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Simplicity®, Snapper®, Snapper Pro®, Ferris®, Murray®, Allmand(TM), Branco® and Victa® brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents. For more information, visit www.basco.com or www.briggsandstratton.com.
CONTACT: Media, Jason Niosi, email@example.com, Office: (608) 268-5318