Press Release Summary:
- Equipped with built-in adaptive IR illumination which enables to capture up to two-megapixel HD resolution images of objects in total darkness up to a distance of 30m (98ft)
- Feature ‘pixel by pixel’ Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology for clear images in varying lighting conditions
- Offer onboard memory and PoE support that simplifies installation and network connectivity
Original Press Release:
Johnson Controls Strengthens its Tyco Illustra Essentials Camera Range
- Four new models feature built-in adaptive IR for 2MP HD resolution in total darkness
- Economical cameras feature ‘pixel by pixel’ WDR for clear images in varying lighting conditions
- Onboard memory and PoE support simplify installation and network connectivity
MILWAUKEE - (October 1, 2020) Johnson Controls, the global leader for smart and sustainable buildings, has added four new models to its Tyco Illustra Essentials IP camera range. The new fourth generation Essentials mini-dome, varifocal mini-dome, bullet, and varifocal bullet cameras, which supersede their respective older models, are all equipped with built-in adaptive IR illumination which enables them to capture up to two megapixel HD resolution images of objects in total darkness up to a distance of 30m (98ft).
The NDAA compliant, IP67 rated cameras provide protection against everyday elements such as dust and water and offer enhanced H.265 video compression. To aid ease of setup all Essentials Gen4 models support one-touch auto-focus and the varifocal models provide motorized zoom.
Quality meet simplicity
“These keenly priced Essential cameras provide a cost-effective option for applications of any size, but they are particularly ideal for budget conscious end-users who have a requirement for a large number of cameras,” said Ric Wilton, director of product management for Illustra. “As you would expect from Tyco Illustra, we have not compromised on the build quality of these new models and although they are offered at a low price point, they are packed with much more than just the bare essential features needed to capture high quality images of any event, incident or suspicious activity.”
The four new cameras have true day/night functionality with a removable infrared cut filter (ICR), which enables them to operate effectively in low light conditions. They are also able to take advantage of ‘pixel by pixel’ Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology to deliver clear images captured from scenes which might contain bright and dark areas, such as the entrances to retail stores.
Support for H.264 and H.265 compression formats allows up to three simultaneous video streams to be efficiently transmitted at up to thirty frames per second, while a corridor mode provides an efficient and effective method of monitoring narrow areas, such as hallways, shopping aisles and tunnels, and results in lower bandwidth and storage requirements.
Other key features include Power over Ethernet (PoE) support which avoids the need to provide separate power supplies and cabling for each camera. A micro SDXC memory slot allows up to 256GB video or data to be stored at the edge if there is a loss of connection to the network. Recorded video can be retrieved from an SDXC card when the connection is restored.
The four new additions to the Essentials camera range are as follows:
- Essentials IP Mini-Dome with 2.8mm fixed lens. IK10 vandal resistant and IP67 level protection against dust and water
- Essentials Varifocal IP Mini-Dome with 2.7-13.5mm varifocal lens. IK10 and IP67.
- Essentials IP Bullet camera with 2.8mm fixed lens. IP67
- Essentials Varifocal IP Bullet camera with 2.7-13.5mm varifocal lens. IP67Flexibility to choose between overview and detailed images for each stream
Cyber security: All Tyco Illustra cameras are covered by the Johnson Controls, Cyber Solutions Product Security Program which has been introduced to give all parties in the supply chain the confidence that Johnson Controls has minimized the possibility of introducing vulnerabilities into its Tyco branded electronic security solutions.
For more information, please visit http://www.illustracameras.com/
CONTACTS: Ryan Nolan
Global Public Relations Program Manager
Building Technologies & Solutions, Johnson Controls
Work + 1 414 524 6170
Mobile + 1 414 378 9641
About Johnson Controls
At Johnson Controls, we transform the environments where people live, work, learn and play. From optimizing building performance to improving safety and enhancing comfort, we drive the outcomes that matter most. We deliver our promise in industries such as healthcare, education, data centers and manufacturing. With a global team of 105,000 experts in more than 150 countries and over 130 years of innovation, we are the power behind our customers’ mission. Our leading portfolio of building technology and solutions includes some of the most trusted names in the industry, such as Tyco®, YORK®, Metasys®, Ruskin®, Titus®, Frick®, Penn®, Sabroe®, Simplex®, Ansul® and Grinnell®. For more information, visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.