Press Release Summary:
- Provide superior protection via lower clamping voltage and low leakage current, in PCB space-saving footprint
- Absorb repetitive ESD strikes of ±30 kV (contact and air discharge as defined in IEC 61000-4-2) without any performance degradation
- Ideal for Vbus, portable battery, and button/switch protection in consumer electronics, medical equipment
Original Press Release:
Littelfuse TVS Diode Arrays Safeguard Consumer Electronics with 50 A High Surge Resistance, Low Clamping Performance
Ideal for Vbus, portable battery, and button/switch protection in consumer electronics, medical equipment
CHICAGO, October 7, 2020 — Littelfuse, Inc. (NASDAQ: LFUS) a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing, today announced a new series of 50 A unidirectional TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). Compared to solutions currently available on the market, the SP1250-01ETG 50 A unidirectional TVS diode arrays provides superior protection via lower clamping voltage and low leakage current, all in a PCB space-saving footprint.
Typical markets and applications for the SP1250-01ETG include:
- Consumer electronics – desktops, servers, and notebooks
- Computer peripherals
- Medical equipment
- Point-of-Sale (POS) terminals
- Test equipment / instrumentation
- Portable battery
The SP1250 discrete unidirectional TVS diode array is fabricated in a proprietary silicon avalanche technology. These diode arrays provide high ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection for consumer electronic equipment. The SP1250 safely absorbs repetitive ESD strikes of ±30 kV (contact and air discharge as defined in IEC 61000-4-2) without any performance degradation. Each device can dissipate up to 50 A 8/20 μs surge event.
“Incorporating the SP1250 in your consumer electronics design provides ultra-strong ESD suppression and excellent surge protection for the product’s power lines, even in harsh environments,” said Jia Zhu, Product Manager, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes). “This design choice will result in both high reliability and longer operating life for end users.”
The SP1250-01ETG series TVS diode arrays offer these key benefits:
- Robust protection against electrical threats due to its high surge capability (50 A, tP=8/20 μs) and low clamping performance (8.7V; TYP, Ipp=50 A).
- Extended operating life resulting from low leakage current, 0.02 μA (TYP) at 5 V.
- Easy mounting in small PCB spaces with a compact SOD-882 DFN package (0402 footprint).
- Highly reliable performance as an AEC-Q101 qualiﬁed solution.
The SP1250-01ETG series is provided in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000. Sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit Littelfuse.com.
For More Information
Additional information is available on the SP1250-01ETG series product page. For technical questions, please contact: Tim Micun, Director of Business Development, TVS Diode Arrays (SPA® Diodes), TMicun@littelfuse.com.
Littelfuse (NASDAQ: LFUS) is a global manufacturer of leading technologies in circuit protection, power control, and sensing. Serving over 100,000 end customers, our products are found in automotive and commercial vehicles, industrial applications, data and telecommunications, medical devices, consumer electronics, and appliances. Our 11,000 worldwide associates partner with customers to design, manufacture and deliver innovative, high-quality solutions, for a safer, greener, and increasingly connected world — everywhere, every day. Learn more at Littelfuse.com.
Global Marketing Communications Manager
Electronics Business Unit, Littelfuse, Inc.